Location: Accra, Ghana
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Department & Location
Reports to (position): Administrative Coordinator
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
Responsible for driving Plan’s staff, goods and materials to and from the Country Office and Program Unit towards implementation of the Country’s program.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
- Serve on Purchasing Committee from time to time . Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position: “What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Drive professionally and defensively to ensure safety and protection of staff at all times without any incidents of accidents or injuries
- Ensure vehicle is maintained as per the maintenance schedule of the vehicle to enhance longevity of vehicle with no reports of frequent breakdowns or malfunctioning of vehicle
- Ensure that vehicle movement and mileage are duly recorded in the vehicle’s logbook to keep and track vehicle movement without any reports of carjacking
- Ensure that the vehicle is always cleaned to enhance its state and notify Administrative Coordinator at least 3 months before the expiry date of the vehicles documents (insurance/road worthiness certificate etc) for renewal without any queries from the MTTU/Police
- Dispatch local mail to addressees as would be directed to keep and maintain communication with our clients without any reports of missing mails
- Deposit and withdraw monies at bank as would be directed for implementation of program activities without any reports of fraud or loss of monies
- Comply with Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions; for example, “may approve invoices up to $1,000.”
- Observe, anticipate and drive defensively to safeguard life and property always
- Exhibit a good sense of judgment and responsibility while driving
- Works with minimum supervision Communications and Working Relationships: Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Low contact with service providers and suppliers for the collection of quotations, receiving and dispatch of goods, material, equipments, mails, deposits etc.
- Maintains a high contact with all country office and program unit staff to facilitate prompt movement of staff towards the implementation of Plan’s programs and activities Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives: Gained through education, training, & experience Qualification and Experience – GCE O level/SSS – At least 5 years driving experience in the formal sector – Valid driving license with at least class B – At least 5 years experience in the formal sector. – Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development issues, would be an advantage Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role: Leadership Behaviors – Planning and organizing abilities – Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties – Ability to inter-face with staff at all levels – Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism – High sense of judgment and responsibility – High safety awareness level of area of operation – Good team player Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice. Basic auto mechanic skills Good knowledge of Highway Code Good communication skills Good verbal and writing skills Good inter-personal skills Physical Environment and Demands: May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc. Travel requirements This position entails 70% travelling time within Plan offices and communities in the Program Units with 30% of the time on office related activities. Level of Contact with Children: Low contact : No contact or very low frequency of interaction Mid contact : Occasional interaction with children High level : Frequent interaction with children Mid contact- the job responsibilities of this position require the post holder to have occasional one-to-one contact with children and it is expected that children shall be protected at all times.
Location: Country Office
Type of Role: Driver
Reports to: Adminstrative Coordinator
Closing Date: 15th April 2022
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.