Position: Driver/Logistics Assistant
Pact, Inc. seeks a Driver/Logistics Assistant to provide driving services, vehicle maintenance, record-keeping (log book), and supplementary clerical work as needed. The Driver/Logistics Assistant will operate and maintain vehicles used for the USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity project.
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
- Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and courtesy.
- Performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
- Providing other services as requested by supervisor when not engaged in transportation service.
- Ensure that logbooks for all Pact vehicles are accurate and kept up to date.
- Record fuel consumption of vehicles; monitor fuel consumption and ensure that reconciliations are carried out with Head driver.
- Ensure that vehicles are serviced and maintained as required and in accordance with Pact policy.
- Ensure correct loading and unloading of the vehicles considering the maximum load capacity, proper distribution and securing of the load.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance; this includes ensuring the car is washed, serviced on time, and reporting any major repairs to be undertaken.
- Immediately notify supervisor of any technical failure, damage or need for maintenance and note details in vehicle logbook.
- Carry out the necessary daily and weekly check-ups as specified in the vehicle policy
- Ensure safe parking of the vehicle at all times, particularly at night, during office closure or public holiday and when not in use.
- Verify that the vehicle logbook is complete, first aid kits, and spare tire are always in the vehicle.
- Follow all traffic rules and regulations; drive with courtesy for others on the road and for pedestrians and animals.
- Drive at a speed which is adjusted to the road and weather conditions and with consideration for the safety of the passengers, other road users, the load and technical state of the vehicle.
- Wear seat belt and ensure that the passengers are also always wearing seat belts when the vehicle is in motion.
- Determine whether or not to attempt to cross a difficult section of the road, to continue after a technical defect has been detected, or to delay the travel
- Immediately notify supervisor as well as local authorities, in case of any accident in which you are involved.
- Transporting officers for meetings and any other official trips.
- Airport pick-ups for Pact staff and guests.
- Make sure all necessary documents (i.e.) insurance, registration etc.) are present in the vehicle and are up to date.
- Ensure necessary travel permits and documents before undertaking a trip.
- Correctly record each use of the vehicle in the logbook, including complete date, beginning mileage, ending mileage, travel start location (from) destination and purpose of travel.
- Settle all expenses, per diems and declarations as soon as you return from field travel in line with Pact travel policy.
- Manage insurance and renewal of vehicle licenses. Perform simple tasks, such as placing phone calls, taking messages, confirming plane reservations, making photocopies, collating, and organizing reports, picking up and delivering mail.
- Maintain a neat personal appearance and polite demeanor as prescribed by professional and local standards.
- Assist in collecting quotations and Invoices in the regions.
- Responsible for the office security when assigned with Office keys.
- Handling petty cash.
- Employee complies with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- At least 5 years of driving experience with at least 2 years as an official driver for a company or organization.
- Must have at least a Zambia Secondary School Certificate of Examination. Should have the ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations of transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with ability to establish effective professional relationships with visitors, co-workers, and upper-level staff and employees.
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports relating to vehicles, extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicles.
- Experience coordinating with international field offices preferred.
- NGO working experience preferred.
- Additional driving courses or certificates.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/2027/driver-logistics-assistant/job?mode=view