AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
We are recruiting highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the full-time position below:
Job Title: Driver / Logistics Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Operations Manager
- The Driver/Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the means of transport like buses, vans, trucks, and the drivers of the organization.
- S(h)e sees to it that staff members are safe and makes sure that they don’t face any transportation-related problems.
- They will need to ensure compliance with the organizations and the national legal guidelines for operations of automobiles, maintenance, and care of company vehicles.
- S(he) should be familiar with the organization’s goods and supplies needs, and support the movement of these goods and products within the organization’s supported sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for dispatching the proper loading of program vehicles.
- Must adhere to security and operational procedures.
- Ensures that vehicle logbooks are properly filled by drivers every month and submitted to Finance for review.
- Performs duties of the transport department and any other related duties whenever required.
- Provides mentorships for all drivers to ensure their driving skills are up to standard.
- Gives timely reports on the working condition of company vehicles and equipment.
- Responsible for filing reports for any delay, incident, or accident.
- Keeps communication open with drivers, day program staff, staff members etc regarding transportation means.
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles in a timely manner.
- Must oversee and schedule the day-to-day activities of transportation employees (drivers);
- Will be required to serve as a driver.
Get All the Latest International NGO jobs, Humanitarian jobs, NGO Job Vacancies in Africa, Nigeria 2022 at NGOJobsAfrica
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a National Diploma or NCE
- At least 5 years of work experience.
- Possession of a valid Driving License including class D vehicles
- Possession of a certificate in logistics and fleet management is an added advantage.
- Over five years of driving experience in a reputable organization.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Basic technical knowledge of automobiles, as he has to write reports on the working condition of the company transport means.
- Good organizational skills to coordinate and see that all the employees are getting their transport on time.
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Also, your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word or PDF format.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer!