Position: Driver & Office Assistant
The AECF is a leading development finance organization that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs and leverage investments to build resilience and sustainable incomes for rural and marginalized communities in Africa.
AECF’s goal is to bridge the investment gap between early-stage enterprise and business maturity for entrepreneurs serving the poorest communities. We provide patient capital to new and innovative business models in the agribusiness and renewable energy sectors across Sub-Saharan Africa through various financing instruments. To supplement finance, we also offer advisory services, investment support, and knowledge and insights.
AECF has successfully implemented programmes across 26 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, supporting over 400 enterprises, impacting over 30 million lives.
AECF is headquartered in Kenya, with offices in Côte d’Ivoire and Tanzania.
The role holder is expected to provide safe and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods. He/she will safely operate vehicles, always observe the Kenyan Highway Code and the organization’s policies on driving, help ensure operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming. The incumbent will ensure the safety and security of all passengers, pedestrians, other drivers and vehicles in town and on the field.
The role will report to Human Resources and Administration Manager.
- Transport staff to their official work destinations, handle official office pick-ups, and deliver documents to partners.
- Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fuelling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts, and tools, vehicle cleaning, persons traveling for packing instructions and timings).
- Ensure the logbook is maintained in the vehicle detailing trips, fuel, and service bookings daily.
- Always ensure the safety of the vehicle and maintain the cleanliness of the assigned vehicle.
- Monitor repairs and maintenance needs of the vehicle assigned and report such needs and other concerns, incidents or accidents, or defects of the vehicle to the supervisor.
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to as far as safety, security, vehicle maintenance, and carrying of unauthorized passengers or goods are concerned.
- Ensure all necessary documentations e.g., licenses, insurance, inspection, and others for the vehicle are always valid, and advise the supervisor about renewals of vehicle documents before they expire.
- Responsible for fuel requisition for the vehicle and for keying in all fuel used for the day and analyzing the consumption on a daily basis by recording starting and closing mileages.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of an accident.
- Be able to deal effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, or road condition.
- Any other office administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time by the manager.
Suitable candidates should possess:
- Diploma Holder.
- Valid B-C-E (Clean driving License) and certificate of good conduct.
- 5 years of long-distance and off-road driving experience.
- Defensive driving skills and first aid skills are an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English and Swahili.
- Strong knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, knowledge of local roads and routes.
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and apply on:
https://recruitment.aecfafrica.org . To be considered, your application must be received by: 2nd June 2023
For more information, please visit our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- U.S. Personal Services Contractor (USPSC) Stabilization Advisor at US Agency for International Development
- Evaluation & Assessment Specialist at SoCha LLC
- Regional Monitoring and Evaluation and Risk Management at International Organization for Migration
- Field Operations Officer (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) at International Organization for Migration
- Finance Assistant – DDM- LICA 5 – Contractual Modality: UNOPS- Baidoa – Roster at World Health Organization