The Embassy of Italy in Abuja was established in 2003 in the new capital of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, following the transfer from the former capital, Lagos. The Embassy is located within the premises of the European Union Common Embassies Complex since May 2005. The Commercial Office and the Consular section (overseeing the FCT and the States of Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Niger and Plateau) are operational within the Embassy. All Visa Services for the entire Country are handled by the Consulate General of Italy in Lagos Diplomatic and official visas only may be handled by the Embassy in Abuja.
The Ambassador of Italy to Nigeria is also accredited to the Republic of Benin and to the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). The Embassy thus covers also matter related to the Republic of Benin, where there is an Italian Honorary Consul and to ECOWAS.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Driver / Salesman / Switchboard Operator
Employment Type: Contract
- A selection procedure is launched for the recruitment of 1 contract employee to be assigned to the services of Driver / Salesman / Switchboard Operator.
General Requirements for Admission
Candidates in possession of the following requirements can participate in the tests:
- Have, on the date of this notice, completed the age of 18;
- Are of sound constitution
- Are in possession of the following qualification:
- 3 license and equivalent;
- Have been resident in Nigeria for at least two years;
- Are in possession, at the date of the driving test, of a driving license. Driving license should be valid for carrying out the duties of a driver in Nigeria.
- Second Grade Secondary Education Diploma or equivalent for administrative assistant services; 1st Grade Secondary Education Diploma or equivalent for administrative assistant services; Elementary License or equivalent for Driver / Salesman / Switchboard Operator services.
- Candidates should Indicate the country and not the location. Indicate the country (this requirement is required only for the recruitment of employees to be assigned to the services of driver).
Application Closing Date
Midnight, 23rd September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications exclusively electronically, signed, scanned and accompanied by a copy of a Valid Identity Document to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
In the application for admission to the tests, candidates will declare under, their own responsibilities:
- Surname, First Name, Date, Place of Birth and Residence
- Address to which any Communications must be sent
- To be of Healthy Physical Constitution
- The Citizenship or Citizenships they possess
- How long they have resided in the Country;
- Any criminal convictions including those imposed abroad as well as the pending criminal proceedings against them in Italy and abroad;
- The position with regard to Military obligations (for candidates subject to military service obligations);
- Possession of a qualification
- Possession of a valid Driving License for carrying out the duties of Driver.
Click here for the Application Form (PDF – Italian Language)
Note: This post is originally written in Italian Language.Talent Acquisition Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC) →