Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration
Durable Solutions- Saameynta Intern
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct synthesis research on available studies, assessments, research, and lessons learned on Housing, Land and Property (HLP) in Somalia.
- Based on the synthesis, formulate challenges, gaps, and needs to strengthen HLP aspect of the Saameynta programme.
- Connect with knowledge partners, implementing partners, donor stakeholders and government to exchange on the synthesis findings for adaptive programming.
- Develop knowledge management systems for the Saameynta Joint Programme as needed to ensure that information is stored and easily accessible by assisting in collecting, arranging, and cataloging information.
- Support the knowledge management of the Durable Solution unit and Saameynta Programme by maintaining and updating project matrix and maintaining institutional memories or other documentation and information management systems.
- Assist in developing communications products to showcase Saameynta Joint Programme activities, and other Durable Solution activities as needed by assisting in data collection, development/writing, revising, proof reading, and graphics.
- Assist M&E team to ensure proper monitoring of results and implementation of activities, and other Durable Solutions activities as required by tracking outputs of the activities, beneficiary figures, and documentation of success stories.
- Review and carry out preliminary editing of donor reports from programme units and participate in the report finalization process with the Donor Report team at the Regional Office in Nairobi.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of internal and external meetings with donor, partners, and government (preparing the agenda, taking minutes, collecting action points etc.)
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or/and Master’s degree in International Relations, International Development, Humanities, Law, Political or Social Science, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution
- Six-month professional experience related to any of the following activities: M&E, reporting, data management, communications, research.
- Experience working or internship for an International NGO or UN agency is an advantage.
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in writing reports and proof reading.
- Knowledge of working on Knowledge Management and research activities in Somalia or the region is an advantage.
- Knowledge in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated knowledge of information technology in Adobe Creative Cloud: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working proficiency of other UN languages will be considered an advantage
Method of Application
- Fill out HR questionnaire using the form link https://forms.office.com/r/wZNcXvJsrU
- After filling out HR questionnaire, please proceed to send CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees (preferably direct former/academic supervisors) and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com before the closing date
- Any candidate who fill out HR questionnaire but did not send CV and Cover letter will be disqualified.
- Any candidate who Send CV and Cover letter but did not fill out questionnaire will be disqualified.
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Data Visualization and Analysis Intern at International Organization for Migration
- TOR: Fair value distribution study – Tea Kenya and Uganda at Solidaridad
- Program Officer-Community Health at Save the Children
- Advocacy and Campaigns Manager at Save the Children
- PH MD Project Manager | Ethiopia at Doctors with Africa CUAMM