Position: Duty of Care Assistance Centre – Responder (French Speaking)
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Established in 2007, Committed To Good (CTG) now operates in 25 fragile & conflict affected countries around the world delivering humanitarian & development projects through the provision of recruitment, human resources & project management services.
- CTG provides services to humanitarian organizations, goverment (govt.)., Non Governmental Organisations (NGO’s) & corporates enabling public & private sectors to achieve their objectives in hostile & threatening environments. Visit www.ctg.org to find out more.
CTG will establish a Duty of Care (DOC) Assistance Centre, providing a 24 / 7 capability to support the in country CTG teams to manage crisis & respond to incidents. The Responders form part of the core team that ensure the DOC provided to CTG staff & consultants is exceptional. This is a role for someone with exceptional customer service skills & diligence. Support the functions of the Duty of Care Assistance Centre:
- 24 / 7 response capability, initial call handling, triage, coordination with in country teams.
- Filter & coordinate emergency medical requirements to our medical partners & follow up.
- Coordination with security partners.
- Medical claims handling & reporting.
- Action tracking & implementation in response to incidents.
- Analysis of incidents & reporting to CTG senior management, in country teams.
- Push out relevant security alerts & intelligence through the Tayo DOC in a timely fashion, pulling in external feeds data & analysis where appropriate.
- Secretariat for crisis management meetings.
- Build & maintain CTG’s database of medical providers with key information such as geolocalisation, core specialisation, key medical personnel, contact details etc.
- Build & maintain CTG’s database of approved accommodation in key locations.
- Build air response network (for political evacuation & medical evacuation).
- Maintain global contact directory.
- Conduct after action reviews.
- Run crisis management exercises across the organisation.
- Information management, record keeping, security of information & accuracy of information in the incident management database.
- Ensure all key CTG locations have up to date risk assessments & coordinate mitigating actions & follow up.
- Build strong relationships with CTG regional leaders & security teams, leading regular meetings with the field security community for training & knowledge sharing.
- Seek to achieve standardisation of CTG approach to DOC through training & communication & building strong networks across CTG operations.
- Step in & deploy to new country operations (start up) where required (short term).
- Support the Global Risk Manager on the enterprise security risk management cycle.
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned.
- This role reports to the Duty of Care Assistance Centre Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, International Affairs, or relevant field experience (desirable).
- Minimum of 1 year of demonstrable relevant experience working in a response capacity (essential).
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working on complex or conflict afflicted environments, can be remote (essential).
- Fluent in English & French (essential).
- Customer service.
- Critical thinking & problem solving.
- Decision making.
- Strong written & verbal communication.
- Knowledge & understanding of different cultures & religions.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Must be resident in Cape Town, South Africa.
How to apply