Early Years Fellows At World Bank


Recruitment for the third cohort of World Bank Early Years Fellows is now open. This is an exciting opportunity for young professionals to support government, World Bank and partners to scale up investments in Early Childhood Development (ECD) across education, health, nutrition, social protection and other relevant sectors in their countries.

Fellows will spend 20 percent of their time enrolled in a professional development program designed to strengthen their technical skills in ECD and their understanding of World Bank operations. The remaining 80 percent of their time is dedicated to a country-specific work program to work across sectors to support ECD.

Fellows will be hired as Short-Term Consultants (STC) at the World Bank for one year (beginning in September 2022), with a second-year renewable, based on performance and continued work program demand. Selection and compensation are competitive.

Who should apply?

Interested candidates should be based in one of the hiring countries (see list below), or willing to relocate to one of these countries with no compensation for relocation, as well as meet the following requirements:

  • Citizen / national of country of application
  • Early to mid-career professional between the ages of 25-35 years with demonstrated expertise and/or commitment to advancing ECD in their home countries
  • Graduate degree in a relevant field (including education, economics, statistics, health and nutrition, and social service) and at least 3 years of professional experience in education, health and nutrition or social protection, with preference for previous work in ECD/early learning; OR Undergraduate degree in a relevant field (including education, economics, statistics, health and nutrition, and social service) and at least 5 years of professional experience in education, health and nutrition or social protection, with preference for previous work in ECD/early learning
  • Functional experience in economics, research, data analysis, evaluation, project design and operations, policy dialogue, and/or advocacy preferred
  • Experience in the public sector, civil society, and/or multilateral organization preferred
  • Demonstrated interest, commitment and high potential in ECD, Early Learning, and/or Human Development
  • Strong written communication skills and ability to work well in teams, including with senior officials
  • Ability to work effectively remotely and travel frequently
  • Written and verbal fluency in English and the language requirement of the duty country

How to apply

For more information on eligibility requirements and to apply, please visit the Early Years Fellowship web page.**

ArabicChinese (Simplified)DutchEnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseRussianSpanish