VVOB is an international NGO with programmes and projects in 10 countries worldwide. Our head office is based in Brussels, Belgium.
When you join VVOB, you become a key player in VVOB’s mission to ensure quality education as a key enabler for achieving the sustainable development goals. We implement our programmes and projects with one shared passion: to ensure the improvement of quality education. Our teams of national and international experts achieve this by providing technical assistance to governmental and other education actors. In doing so, worldwide we ensure capacity building of governmental and other education actors.
Do you share our ambition to ensure that learners around the world can enjoy their fundamental human right to quality education, without exception? Are you convinced as well that quality education guarantees equal opportunities for everyone and is the key to a better world?
We are looking for an Education Advisor Online Learning design & development who will operate from our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. Do you want to take on this challenge? Then continue reading!
VVOB in Kenya
VVOB has a long history of working in Kenya and will now restart activities again after almost a decade of absence in the country. We are starting up our first project in Kenya in 2022, and then gradually expand our project portfolio from there. Our first project will support the Ministry of Education (MoE) with the implementation of the new competency based curriculum (CBC) in Kenya, specifically at the junior secondary level. The focus of this project will be on strengthening the instructional leadership skills of school leaders by providing them with new opportunities for their continuous professional development, complementing a traditional cascade training system with innovative app-based learning experiences.
Purpose of the function
As Education Advisor you contribute to the ambition and values of VVOB in Kenya by being the key person in Online Learning Design & Development. You provide technical support and advice on the design and development of online learning platforms and support to VVOB and VVOB’s partners in Kenya. The Education Advisor reports to the Country Programmes Manager. You are part of and work closely with your direct Education and M&E colleagues. Furthermore, you work closely together with the Strategic Education Advisors in your country, and with the Global Strategic Education Advisors at HQ.
· You offer technical advice, guidance and support to internal VVOB colleagues to achieve project results and to partners in order to realise educational change processes in the domain of online learning supported by the project.
· You contribute to the identification, formulation, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project in order to realise educational change processes in the domain of online learning supported by the project.
· You take up a variety of roles in the capacity development process of the partners according to the needs of the partner and particular situations and phases of the programme.
· You keep abreast with policy trends, new developments and latest research and thinking in online learning, ICT and education in general, and in an international context by external and internal networking and share new insights with partners and VVOB colleagues.
If you’re our Education Advisor, your workweek at the office will include the following highlights:
- You have a discussion with the Online Learning colleagues about the pedagogical challenges related to blended delivery of the training programme for school leaders and related equity issues.
- You log in to an online meeting with partners from a University College in Belgium. You present a summary of the state of affairs and discuss how their online support can further improve the programme.
- You have a progress meeting with the external service provider supporting the technical development of the app to improve the interactivity of the content.
- Lunch! A perfect way to informally check in with some of your colleagues involved in other aspects of the programme. You attend a session of VVOBs Monitoring & Evaluation colleague about the impact of the training programme and reflect on re-development of the online learning environment for school leaders for a next cohort of school leaders.
- You share your draft concept note on which multimedia materials to develop for the upcoming training trajectories of school leaders with the partners of the Kenya Education Management Institute (KEMI), for their feedback.
- You respond to a draft strategy note sent by the Country Programmes Manager on the scaling strategy of the programme.
Your expertise and experience
· Master’s degree in education, human sciences, or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
· Expertise and experience in online learning design and development.
· Knowledge of and experience with programme management, preferably project cycle management.
· Experience with change management and capacity development processes in the context of educational institutions.
· An in-depth understanding of national education systems and the latest developments in the education sector
· Fluent in English
Nationality: Kenyan national
What we’re offering:
· A full-time contract until 31/12/2026, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of donor funding
· This position is subject to funding approval
· A dynamic working environment in an international context
· An exciting job in a growing organisation with varied responsibilities and opportunities for professional development
· A competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
Your motivation letter and a detailed CV are expected no later than 6 April 2022. Please use the webform to apply for this vacancy: https://www.vvob.org/en/position-5-education-advisor-learning-design-development
VVOB firmly believes that quality education can only be achieved if equity is ensured. Qualities of people prevail, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or disability. VVOB firmly believes that quality education can only be achieved if equity is ensured. Qualities of people prevail, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or disability.
Is this not exactly the job you are looking for? Please have a look at our other vacancies at: