Grow Strong Foundation (GSF) is a Non- Profit Organization Established in 2017 and incorporated in 2018 with registration number RC 106092. We believe in promoting and protecting the welfare of vulnerable people from all forms of social, Economic and emotional discrimination through Peace Building, Education, Protection, health care, advocacy and sensitization and awareness Programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education in Emergency Program Coordinator
Locations: Borno, Adamawa and Yobe (BAY)
Reports to: Program Manager
Responsible for: Officers
- The position holder will be responsible for implementation of EiE related activities and resource mobilization across the BAY states using participatory and community-based approaches while to providing technical support and guidance to EiE working group in the BAY state.
- Also responsible for development of proposal and compiling progress reports and documentation and sharing of best practices and lessons learnt in Education in Emergency (EiE) related activities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Overall quality and timely education project management
- Be responsible for education project management, including planning (monthly, quarterly and annual work plan and budget), budget management and coordination with education
- Coordinate and Integrate Education in Emergency (EiE) and Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE) activities and working modalities to apply both to education objective activities at school and ECCD center level.
- Work closely with camp-based partners to ensure timely communications and implementation of all planned project activities on time.
- Serve as a resource person for the organization and represent the issues of girls and children during various thematic meetings conduct at comp and implementation areas.
- Oversee all project level administration, financial management of the EiE programs.
- Be accountable for working with the school/ECCD level and Eie coordination teams to produce and submit progress reports as per requirements.
- Support the MEAL team for all the research and assessment activities to be conducted at field level.
- Planning and implementation management
- Participate in GSF’s five-year Strategy plan development, project proposal and develop the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP) of the projects under the full participation of education team
- Provide technical input to project team timely and quality implementation of the project activities
- Ensure the quality of the project implementation using gender justice for girls, adolescent girls and young women principles.
- Project budget management – track project spending, analyse deviations and suggest corrective action as needed.
- High quality reporting
- Ensure all information are captured and organize in the report templet and submit to Program Manager for further compilation and submission for donor.
- Write monthly, quarterly and end of year narrative project reports and newsletter
- Prepare project case studies related to the activities implemented to be submitted each quarter with the reports and/or whenever requested.
- Closely follow up with program team for their reporting submissions and support them if necessary.
- Coordination and program collaboration
- Build and maintain working relationship with Technical coordinators other program team for achieving the project objectives and creating proper synergies with other child development and wellbeing activities.
- Work closely with the Education and Child Protection teams to ensure the proper integration, synergy and complement each other.
- Follow up with education team monthly to be sure that implementation according to the plans and agreements.
- If requested, contribute in developing new activities related to EiE and CPiE. Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Develop education project level monitoring plan and monitor implementations of project activities.
- Establish and update regularly database of project activities’ achievements.
- Conduct monitoring of the project activities to feed into the M&E plan.
- Ensure age and sex-disaggregated data is collected for all monitoring, reviews, reporting and documentation.
- Ensure documentation of the lessons learnt and good practices from project experience for sharing and learning with other GSF’s teams and for recording of the organization.
- Organize and attend periodic review and reflection workshops/meetings to review project plan and strategies and document learning and evidence.
- Attend workshops/meetings organized by GSF and/or other stakeholders relevant for the goals of the project.
Qualifications / Experience
- BA / BEd Degree in Education and other relevant fields of study and over 3 years relevant experience.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
- Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of Education/EiE Emergency
- Computer literate in word processing and excel packages.
- An understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context.
Qualifications / Experience Desirable:
- Knowledge of international standards notably CPMS, SPHERE, INEE and the Red Cross / NGO Code of Conduct
- Good understanding of emerging international humanitarian issues and aid effectiveness
- Good understanding of the external operating environment, including government policies,
Negotiable, based on experience.
Application Closing Date
22nd October, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Child Rights Promotion Officer at the African Union (AU)
- Pharmacy Supervisor at Medecin Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France
- Program Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) at the African Union (AU)
- Youth and Gender National Consultant-UNFPA South Sudan at United Nations Population Fund
- Senior Associate, Policy and Advocacy at Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition