The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
Education Officer (Re-Advertisement)
Education Officer will be part of the project implementation team. He/She will be responsible for coordinating and supporting Education activities in Turkana in line with approved programme design. He/She will work closely with programme manager and education manager to ensure all activities and implemented in line with donor and SCI standards. The Education Officer will ensure good working relationship with the target beneficiaries and other stakeholders at community level.
Contract Duration: 10 Months
Reports to: Education Manager
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To oversee the program implementation at community level within the certain area of assignment.
- In collaboration with MEAL focal point, participate in baseline, midline and end-line data collection, school assessments, and other data collection that the project might undertake.
- Collaborate with the community stakeholders including local government to conduct the program activities in line with project design and quality framework.
- Support the MEAL team and the program coordinator to ensure the high quality program delivery through ensuring the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) are articulate in the program implementation
- Take the initiative in documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to shape in-country strategies and programme approaches, and contribute to broader sector learning.
- Provide child protection to OOSC who have been enrolled to school. These services include psychosocial support, rescue and alternative family care for enrolled children in need of care & protection liaising with the county directorate of children services.
- Build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results of the OOSC education project in the county.
- Represent SCI in relevant stakeholder forums such as meetings with community leaders, keeping line manager informed of discussion points, issues arising and agreements made.
- Proactively engage communities and local stakeholders to support the projects; conduct regular awareness raising of the project/s, activities and intended outcomes.
- Work with Community leaders, school head-teachers and Ministry of Education representatives for effective implementations of project/s in assigned field locations of responsibility.
- Prepare timely activity reports.
- Coordination community mobilization and training activities.
- Liase with Child Poverty TS in livelihoods and implement livelihood components of the project Consolidate procurement plans and schedules with the project managers and ensure they are adhered to.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree in Education or equivalent.
- 3 years of professional experience in implementing education programming at the field level with NGOs or other relevant actors. Child protection programming is an added advantage.
- Experience working in remote areas.
- Experience in the design, implementation and reporting.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken and English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Self-starter who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision, mission, and a commitment to its objectives and values.
- Written and verbal fluency in English
Closing Date: Sep 26, 2022
Method of Application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- International Consultant at the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- County Technical Coordinator – Nutrition at Save the Children
- Programme Manager – Inclusive Eye Health at Christian Blind Mission (CBM)
- Regional MEAL Officer at Islamic Relief
- Project Administration Manager at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)