We believe in a world where the rights of displaced and vulnerable persons are protected during a crisis. We do this through our programmes, where we help meet immediate humanitarian needs, prevent further displacement, and contribute to durable solutions. At the root of our programmes are our solid technical expertise and specific sectorial knowledge aiming for the highest possible quality, whether in stand-alone or integrated approaches.
NRC has been implementing its education programme in Cameroon since January 2018 and focuses on Education in Emergency, support to formal basic education and alternative education for vulnerable displaced populations and host communities in the country. The education programme and strategic areas in Cameroon are expanding rapidly with NRC global Psycho-Social Support (PSS) approach – The Better Learning Programme (BLP) – and the newly released Accelerated Education Programme being piloted for the first time in Cameroon since 2020.
- Develop and revise, as needed, the NRC Education Core Competency (CC) Strategy, ToC, technical guidance and Macro Log Frame
- Contribute to the development of country and area strategies
- Under the direction of the Head of Programme, lead on identifying and pursuing new funding and partnership opportunities for the Education programme
- Initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects in line with the agreed strategies with a specific focus on displacement and hard-to-reach areas
- Responsible for CC needs assessments including specific inputs and participation in multi-sectoral needs assessments, and planning and implementation of response to new emergencies
- Manage, develop systems and tools and coordinate Far North, North West and South West Education programmes to ensure synergies and best practice
- Lead the rollout of the Better Learning Programme (BLP) and the Accelerated Education Programme
- Ensure NRC Education programmes evolve to remain relevant to the changing context
- Ensure the implementation of NRC Project Cycle Management (PCM) procedures including the proper arrangement and follow-up of Grants Opening Meetings, Grant Review Meetings as well as Grant Closure Meetings
- Contribute to the review and development of national, regional and global Education tools, guidelines, policies and research studies
- In close coordination with the Advocacy team, articulate concerns, organize relevant evidence and develop key messages and materials
- Responsible for Education specific contextual analysis and leadership in program design and delivery
- Identify synergies and integration between Education and other NRC Cameroon programmes
- Develop capacity development strategies for Education staff through formal and informal training, mentoring, coaching and workshop facilitation
- Work closely with M&E to strengthen existing M&E systems based on NRC tools, ensuring the quality of services provided and using evidence to inform programme design and management
- Represent NRC in relevant meetings, coordinate and liaise with relevant education authorities at national and field levels level under the delegation of the HoP and AMs
What you will bring:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a senior-level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical education expertise, including Education in Emergencies and Accelerated Programs in Education
- Background in Psycho-Social Support (PSS) and/or child protection
- Experience in delivering Training of Trainers (ToT)
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Can adapt to the changing/dynamic and stressful context
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do.
- To be innovative with our solutions.
- To act as one unified and inclusive team.
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people that we exist to serve; and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We would like to encourage applications from all qualified and interested candidates. For further details, please view full Job Description – Education Program Development Manager.pdf
- Commencement: May 20th 2023
- Contract period: 12 months
- Duty Station: Maroua, Cameroon
- Travel: Up to 50% to Kousseri, Buea, Bamenda and Yaoundé
- Salary/benefits: Grade 9 according to NRC’s general direction
In case of any challenges in the application process, kindly write to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Deputy Director FONGIM Mali, Bamako(Malian Nationals Only) at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Area Manager Mozambique at Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion
- Chief of Party (CoP) USAID/Madagascar Marine Conservation, Sustainable Development and Governance project
- Head of Programmes at People in Need
- REGIONAL PROGRAMMES DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY MANAGER at Health Poverty Action