Context and background
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Mopti, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement. We provide education, shelter, food security, respond to protection needs and give people legal assistance pertinent to civil documentation, land, housing and property rights. We also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism that provides a quick response to multisector needs of people affected by displacement. The purpose of the Education Specialist is to develop and ensure implementation of Education high quality programme in line with NRC identified priorities and 2022-2025 Education Strategy. The Education Specialist is member of the Key Country Program Team and reports to Head of Programme.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop Education strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Education, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education programme implementation, and incorporate them in Education and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Requirements & Competencies
Generic professional requirements for this position: • Minimum 4 years of experience within education technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context • Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts • Education expertise especially in one or more of the following areas: Non-formal education, Support to formal education, First Phase Response, Youth education and training, Psychosocial Support • Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities • Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile • Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
NRC’s competencies: • Strategic and analytic thinking • Initiate action and change • Managing resources to optimize results • Managing performance and development • Empowering and building trust • Influencing
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract: 12 months
- Grade: 9 in NRC’s grade structure.
- Duty station: Bamako
- Job City Bamako