Position: Emergency Coordinator – Sudan – based in SDN-Gedaref
Fixed-term contract – 6 Months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 24 countries, on 5 continents
- Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2500 national staffs
- Around 225 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 120 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in SUDAN
Our mission in SUDAN has been open since 2020. PUI develops its integrated approach with health and nutrition. Furthermore, PUI works on launching health and nutrition activities in support to existing health facilities in the surroundings of refugee camps, supporting local communities, refugees and asylum seekers
What about the Emergency Coordinator – Sudan ?
As Emergency Coordinator, under the responsibility of the Head of Mission, you will responsible for the implementation of PUI’S emergency response programmes in the country.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
Programme implementation and coordination : You will coordinate and developp the emergency response in the country, in direct link with the technical, support and field coordination.
Strategy : You will participe in strategy development and propose new interventions or new modalities for emergency responses.
Human Resources : You will organize, supervise and support teams for exploratory missions, assesments and emergency response.
Evaluation and context monitoring : You will ensure a continous analysis of needs and response.
You will represent the organization and coordinate with other NGO’s and external actors in emergency response.
Security : You will ensure the security of the teams supervised and contribute to the security managment of the mission.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in humanitarian project management. A training in Health, livelihoods, agriculture or WASH and a training in Personal security training (HEAT training) would be appreciated.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years in emergency response or a similar position in an international context. You have an experience in project/humanitarian coordination. An experience in assessing needs will be an added value, as well as an experience in humanitarian access strategies and negotiation. Knowledge of health programs, public health programs, public health systems and/or multisector assistance would also be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master the project cycle management, and have a good and proven capacity to build skills as well as coordination and organizational skills. You have excellent writing skills and know the main humanitarian donors. You also have strong communication and negotiation skills, and an ability to work in unstable contexts. You master the use of Excel and Office Pack.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently and to take the initiative and the responsibility in a proactive approach. You are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization in addition to having strong commitments in humanitarian principles. You show diplomacy and open-mindedness, resilience to stress and have good analytical skills. You are organized and able to manage priorities and varied workload. You have problem-solving and leadership skills, and are able to work and manage professionally and maturely. You are able to integrate into the local environment, taking account its political, economic and historical characteristics. You have also a strong resilience to stress.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply
How to apply ?
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Health Coordinator – Maiduguri – NIGERIA at Première Urgence Internationale
- Deputy Head of Mission for Programs – Abuja- NIGERIA at Première Urgence Internationale
- Coordinateur·trice Terrain – RDC- basé à RDC-Goma at Première Urgence Internationale
- CONSULTANCY – DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT OF INTERACTIVE VOICE RESPONSE (IVR) SYSTEM at FilmAid International
- Responsable de Recherche – Planification Humanitaire, pour RCA at IMPACT Initiatives