The ERM guide and ensures capacity building and transferring knowledge to the technical team. The ERM will further develop and lead NRC’s Emergency Response portfolio in northern Mozambique.
- Develop ER strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, RRM and core competency tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Coordinate and manage ER projects implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of ER project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs and possible returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to development of the country strategy and further develop the initial Emergency Response Mozambique strategy.
- Develop innovative program with localization, market based approach and system approach.
- Strengthen community based approaches in the emergency response including protection analysis
- Develop and follow up on detailed project work plans, procurement plans, spending plan, M&E plan and recruitment plan for ER projects in the Northern region of Mozambique
- Implement assessments in IDP relocation sites and informal IDP sites and host co in coordination with the NRC Emergency Response Team.
- Represent NRC in emergency coordination mechanisms and appropriate Clusters.
- Represent NRC in internal and external fora, develop partnerships in the humanitarian community in the relevant area and coordinate with authorities at local level.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Management experience from Emergency response including rapid response mechanism
- Experience/knowledge cash&voucher modalities
- Experience in community based approaches and protection
- Effective communicator and trainer
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Valid driver’s license
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of emergency coordination mechanisms
- Fluency in English and excellent writing and communication skills
- Fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish highly desirable
- Proven ability to operate under strict deadline and high level of discipline and professionalism
For more information, here is the Detailed job description
Duty Station: Pemba , Cabo Delgado, Mozambique
Type of Contract: 24 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This position is open to qualified National and International Candidates!
How to apply
Please Click Here to Apply!
- Epidemiologist, Senior Research Associate, Southern Africa at Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Mozambique: Area Coordinator – Pemba at ACTED
- Comprehensive Analysis (Peace & Conflict Analysis, Gender, Resilience) at ADRA Deutschland e.V.
- A SAFETY, SECURITY AND ACCESS HEAD OF DEPARTMENT at Action Contre la Faim France
- Regional Roving Security Specialist at Plan International