Position: Emergency SRH Nurse
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
1. JOB SUMMARY
Under the general supervision of the MSIE Area Programs Manager, the job holder performs nursing duties, and mobilization activities, ensuring efficient delivery and client care in accordance with accepted standard medical practice and professional codes of conduct.
- Provides nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to clients based on the client’s assessment and care planning procedures.
- Performs SRH interventions such as client counseling, family planning service provision, comprehensive abortion care, taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques, and ensuring infection control
- Administers medication and observes and documents therapeutic effects
- Provides pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
- Monitors Clients’ progress, evaluates the effectiveness of SRH interventions and consults with appropriate members of the outreach team
- Provides reproductive health/family planning education to individuals and the communities.
- Plan implement and document d
- demand creation activities.
IDP Clinical Nurse Role
- Organize and conduct demand creation at IDP communities
- Closely work with stakeholders at IDP intervention areas
- Provides family planning counseling services to make clients make informed voluntary decisions on their contraceptive choice.
- Provides counselling on preventing unwanted pregnancies, and correct use of pregnancy termination procedures.
- Prepares all surgical instruments, sets and medical supplies required for operation in accordance with accepted standards,
- Cleans and sterilizes the operating room and instruments.
- Carries messages, reports, requisitions, and specimens between departments
- Plan and conduct community engagement activities for the SRH uptake
- Made and set up referral linkages for GBV survivors
- Ensures the maintenance of high-level standards and applies universal precautions to prevent infection (e.g., Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS) from blood or other body fluids of Clients
- Accounts for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports as required.
- Participate in demand creation activity
- Made close follow up for post-procedure clients
- Maintain inventory of supplies; account for all assets under his/her custody during regular stock taking and audit as and when required.
- Handling client’s belongingness properly
- Performs related tasks as required
1. PERSON SPECIFICATION
1. Qualification Requirements
- BSc/Diploma in Nursing
- Two Years’ experience as a BSC nurse and four years as a Diploma nurse.
Personal skills required:
- Awareness of MOH and donors’ guidelines
- Conscious of government, MSI, and MSIE regulations
- Awareness of concepts and strategies of quality care
- Attendance of MSIE Pre-service training
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
- Computer Literate
- Interpersonal relationship
Number of Positions: (6)
Duty Station: D/Birhan, Kombolcha, Dessie, Lasta, worebabo,Nefash Mewcha
Type of Employment: Contract until December 2022
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Human Resources, Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and work place you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSIE STRONGLY ENCOURAGES FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
- Job City D/Birhan, Kombolcha, Dessie, Lasta, worebabo,Nefash Mewcha, Amhara