The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s project location in Yola:
Job Title: Enterprise Development and Gender Officer
Ref No: STS2022–010
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Recruitment Type: STS– National (5–month contract)
Duration: 5 months
- Identify training needs and development of business opportunities in the agricultural value chain and non-farm enterprises for youth and women.
- Scope Micro, Small and medium Enterprise (MSME) business opportunities with special emphasis on youth and women agribusiness development.
- Gender mainstreaming and Social Inclusion (GESI) in intervention activities.
- Build on local platforms and scoping for project partners in Government, NGO and private sectors for effective layering and enterprise sustainability.
- Develop and conduct enterprise trainings in the value chain, economic and financial literacy, cooperative management, and micro credit administration.
- Collect data on training and enterprise development activities and report periodically.
- Mentor Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs) and linkage to finance, input and output markets.
- Support youth and women participants to develop bankable business plans and commercially viable business models along the agricultural value chain and nonfarm enterprises.
- Train youth and women participants in record keeping and business management.
- Support the development of appropriate financial products targeting rural youth and women in consultation with collaborating financial institutions.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agriculture Extension, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of five (5) years experience performing similar or related role in a well-structured organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have previous experience working with youth and women.
- Have background in agriculture and the value chain.
- Have enterprise (MSME) development and mentorship experience.
- Have experience working in northeast, Nigeria.
- Have Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) working experience
- Speaks fluent Hausa for community mobilization and training facilitation
- Possess Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- Have good communication skills.
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.