CARE AID intends to help the most vulnerable around the world with focus on displaced people because of conflicts, extreme poverty and natural disaster committing to providing humanitarian relief to people in urgent need and protect their dignity while co-creating inclusive longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth.
We are recruiting internally and externally for the position below:
Job Title: Enumerator (Volunteer)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Goal / Purpose
- Under the district supervision of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the Enumerator will support the M&E team to carry out fieldwork and other research/assessment activities, which may be required for the program’s functioning and strategy.
- The enumerator’s services will be required on daily basis based on the field work requirement, it’s not a full-time employment with the organization.
- The enumerators will collect field data for different on-going project on already developed tools and will also provide key feedback on programs field research activities.
- Assist M&E team in field data collection as per the program requirements for its different on-going programs;
- Depending on the nature of filed work enumerators can be involved in both qualitative (Focus group Discussion and Key Informants) and quantitative (household interviews) data collection;
- Enumerators will use mobile data collection tool (Kobo Collect) to gather and accurately record responses on questionnaires;
- Ensure that questionnaires have been thoroughly checked and completed;
- Submit completed questionnaires and other equipment used in fieldwork to the research supervisor;
- As part of each assignment, participate in briefings; carry out data collection, data entry and/or reporting;
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from field research activities
- Enumerators will ensure the confidentiality of the beneficiaries and will not share field information with any 3rd party without the consent of CAid
- Studies: Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
- Conducting Nutrition, Health, WASH and FSL assessments.
- Mobile data collection, administering questionnaires and conducting interviews, data collection and data entry
- English (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Honesty: Shows a high level of integrity and will not fabricate responses or misrepresent the program
- Communication: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the respondent understand what is needed from her/him.
- Relationship Builder: Able to build trust with people at the rural level and maintain confidentiality.
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Northern Nigeria.
- Accuracy: Must be able to interpret and record responses appropriately without distorting the respondents meaning or confusing the reader.
- Endurance: Must be able to work for a full day working hours in the field across a number of days.
- The contract is based on a “need for work” basis and remuneration will be paid based on the number of days engaged.
- The Enumerator may not work or be reimbursed for days beyond the maximum approved work days without prior written approval from Care Aid management.
- In some cases, due to nature of some surveys, enumerators may be engaged to work on Saturdays and Sundays with approval from team lead.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location in the subject line. E.g “Enumerator – Maiduguri”.
- Applicants are advised that Care Aid does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Care Aid may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received.
- The position is required as soon as possible, Care Aid reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the closing date, if considered necessary.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.