TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Environmental Health and Safety Training Consultancy shall entail the following activities*
Content Development Duties:
- CAP YEI will share with the trainers the 5 course outlines offered
- Conduct an initial review of existing Curriculum, and Syllabi that will aid in developing the content of the HSE training materials.
- Develop, Design and customize a unified competency-based curriculum for the HSE trade that shall remain copyright of CAP YEI. The curriculum targets the non-formal TVET framework aligned to the CAP YEI Vocational qualification Framework. The curriculum should also identify qualification standards, assessment requirements and recommendations to contribute to national TVET curriculum, and should be gender sensitive.
- Ability to bespoke courses to CAP YEI’s requirements – a bit of initiative is required
- Develop a cover note for the event for each of the modules
- Preparing all paperwork and handouts for training events
- Proof-read the printed copies of the syllabus.
- Update materials as dictated by changes in regulations and/or programs. Incorporates measurement and assessment tools to support all training.
- Submit a final report for the consultancy recommending a unified curriculum framework for CAP YEI HSE training. This should outline clear modalities for developing such a unified curriculum and prime stakeholders.
HSE Training Duties:
- Delivers and facilitates structured safety and regulatory training and development programs and initiatives in support of the CAP YEI’s training plan, objectives and brand essence. Training sessions will include classroom (40%) and demonstrative (hands-on) curriculum (60%).
- Develop PowerPoint presentations of the training session content including applied methods, best practices related to the topics to be agreed upon in the simplest language possible.
- Develop the schedule for the training
- Plan, coordinate and moderate the training
- Develop a daily evaluation sheet
- Incorporation of the feedback received during the HSE training to the manual and share it with CAP YEI as the final tested draft.
- A final exit report including the training content, as well as the evaluation of the training, conclusions and recommendations based on lessons learned for future intervention
- Provides coaching, reinforcement of safety policy and procedures in cooperation with EHS to Team Members throughout the training centers.
- Performs administrative duties to track completion of training, scheduling of classes and resources, compile and prepare statistical information on training program status.
- You will be doing whatever you can to make sure that all of the training courses that you lead are done so to the absolute best of your ability, and in line with the high standards as set by CAP YEI
- Taking photos of all trainees on a digital camera / phone and emailing them to our administration department in the specified format in a timely manner
- Passing on any administration enquiries to CAP YEI administration team
The firm or individuals must provide evidence of having 3 trainers as follows;
· First aid trainers should be qualified emergency medical technicians, nurses, clinical officers or medical doctors
· Occupational Safety and Health trainers should have a postgraduate certificate in OSH lasting not less than six months from a recognized institution
· Fire Safety trainers should have certificate in fire engineering or safety lasting at least six months from a recognized institution
The firm or individuals must have conducted similar assignments with those engaged in digitization of HSE Curriculum having an added advantage
How to apply
Expression of Interest
Please send your expression of interest to: email@example.com by 17th September 2021 at 5pm.