The African Development Bank Group (AFDB) is a regional multilateral development finance institution established in 1963 with a mandate to further the economic development and social progress of African countries, individually and collectively. The Bank has approximately over 2000 staff members, who have been recruited from a wide geographic area only limited by membership in the Bank. There are currently 80 different nationalities from Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas represented within the Bank making the institution multicultural in every sense of the word. The Bank has two official languages: English and French. It co-operates with a large network of international development partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expressions of Interest: Senior Drupal Developer – TCIS
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Slots: 2 Openings
Consultant Type: Individual Consultant
Duration of the assignment: 12 months (from the date of signing the contract)
Tentative Date of commencement: 01 June 2023.
Report to: The Chief of Business Solution Development.
Job Family: Information Technology
Department issuing the request: Corporate Information Technology Services (TCIS)
Corporate Information Technology Services Department (CHIS):
- The strategic objective of the Corporate IT Services department (CHIS) at the Bank is to align the IT delivery strategy along with the Bank’s business strategy, to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of the Information Systems (IS).
- Under the leadership of the Bank’s Information System’s Director, CHIS department is mandated by the Bank to deliver the best possible IT services for Bank staff, and help achieve the results that will get the Bank closer to accomplishing its development goals.
Brief Description of the Assignment
- The objective of the consultancy will be to provide technical assistance in the development, maintenance, and support of Drupal-based applications, as well as other web applications developed by the Department.
- The consultants will be required to gather and analyze requirements, program all or selected components of web applications, and document components and applications.
- The main objective will be to provide technical assistance in the development, maintenance, and support of Drupal-based applications, as well as other web applications developed by the Department.
- The consultant will be required to gather and analyze requirements, program all or selected components of web applications, and document components and applications.
Scope of the Services
The consultants duties will be as follows:
- The design, creation, testing, implementation and support of complex browser-based pages, systems and mobile applications.
- Site and mobile application designs from client specifications.
- Integrate web applications with other technologies.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new web and mobile capabilities or reuse of existing ones.
- Provide peer-to-peer Quality Assurance of web and mobile developments to development standards and requirements specifications.
- Use appropriate tools to make finished web and mobile material available on a web server.
- Maintain familiarity with a substantial range of relevant web sites, mobile application and participates in significant discussions on developments in tools and technology and use the knowledge to advise clients/users of current/future trends, and to anticipate any necessary changes to standards in the employing organization.
- Anticipate client/user requirements, implement additional feedback and data gathering mechanisms where required.
- Select and use appropriate tools and techniques to provide interfaces to new and existing applications and advise clients/users and developers on technical matters relating to such interfaces.
- Liaise with clients/users on all aspects of application creation, from fundamental principles to implementation details.
- Provide guidance and assistance to Bank staff in any aspect of program design, creation, testing and documentation.
- Train and ensure proper knowledge transfer to Bank staff.
- Provide full documentation, all source codes, and all development artifacts upon completion of the assignment.
The following is the list of expected deliverables during the assignment:
- Web and mobile solutions that meet user expectations.
- System and program tests
- System and program documentation.
- Well-designed Browser-based and mobile application pages.
- Browser-based systems with good usability.
- Browser-based systems with good visitor frequency profile.
- Users empowered through workflow automation
Profile of the Consultant
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Development.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in web and mobile application development including graphics, layout, scripting, programming, etc.
- Expertise in Drupal (Module Development and Theming).
- Expertise in web services using Drupal.
- Strong knowledge of mobile applications deployment.
- Solid understanding of navigation and GUI for maximizing usability.
- Strong knowledge of image manipulation software (Photoshop).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge about guidelines for website accessibility.
- The consultants will receive a monthly lump sum rate based on his experience. No additional benefits or per diem will be paid.
- The individual consultant is responsible for his/her own health insurance and own accommodation costs.
Application Closing Date
12th May, 2023 at at 17h00 Abidjan local time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: IT_Recruitment@afdb.orgusing the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Nutrition Facilitators for Feed the Future Rural Resiliance Activity (RRA) Program at Mercy Corps Nigeria (14 Openings)
- Mali–Coordinateur EHA /Co-facilitateur cluster EHA (H/F)–Bamako at Solidarités International
- Coordinateur.trice RH (f/h/x) , Mali at Médecins du Monde – Belgique
- Psychosocial Support Team Member (Community Mobilizer) at CTG
- Psychosocial Support Team Member (Lay Counsellor) at CTG