NRC leads the Emergency Rapid Response Mechanism (ERRM) Consortium in South Sudan with co-implementing partners DRC, Medair, and Solidarité International, and national NGO implementing partners. The Consortium responds to sudden onset emergencies with lifesaving cash assistance and services in protection, WASH, shelter, education in emergencies, health, and nutrition, guided by a set of triggers and thresholds. The Consortium Manager provides overall vision and leadership of ensuring integrated aid delivery where this is most needed, leads donor relationship, and coordinates with the wider humanitarian community on harmonization of RRM modalities.
- Line Management of the Consortium Management Unit.
- Provide leadership, management, and strategic direction to the Consortium activities.
- Accountable for well-organized planning of Consortium deliverables as well as changes in programme direction as needed.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate successful relationships with numerous stakeholders and partners.
- Donor accountability to ensure that consortium deliverables meet expectations and to progress reporting.
- Accountable for coordinating budget projections, spending, and reporting with Consortium partners in accordance with donor and NRC requirements.
- Ensure organisational learning from programme implementation.
- Responsible for collecting, collating and dissemination of programme information and analysis of results for the purposes of decision making, communication and advocacy.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Bi-weekly chairing of coordination meetings of the Consortium Operational Committee, consisting of each Consortium partners emergency focal point, to coordinate responses and ensure smooth implementation of activities.
- Schedule the Consortium Steering Committee meetings and suggest agenda points.
- Ensure that the ERRM Consortium response activities and results are according to schedule, cost-efficient and of highest quality.
- Coordinate with NRC Finance Manager and focal points of the Consortium partners on compiling and submitting reporting in accordance with donor requirements.
- Ensure representation of the Consortium externally, give presentations, promote visibility and media exposure.
1. Professional competencies
- Relevant university degree or higher education preferable in natural sciences/disaster risk reduction or humanitarian response or in any other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context and specifically experience in the Emergency Rapid Response Mechanism (ERRM)
- Experience in protection mainstreaming
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, experience in South Sudan context will be an asset
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan
- Solid understanding and experience of crisis contexts and working in complex emergencies.
For more information kindly see the attached Job Description
Reports to: Head of Programme
Supervision of: Consortium Management Unit (under recruitment)
Duty station: Juba, South Sudan with frequent travels to field
Project number: SSFM2304
Contract Period: Up to 31 March 2024, with possibility of extension subject to funding
Grade: Grade 9
We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.
Please note to attach your academic and professional certificates in your application.
For any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org the job title as the subject line.
To contact the recruitment team; quote the full name of the advert on your subject line. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.”
How to apply
Interested Applicants to Apply Here
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Stage Assistant.e Base de données et datamining – Dakar – H/F at ALIMA
- Somalia Border Security Subject Matter Expert at Dexis Consulting Group
- Epidemiology and Laboratory Services Advisor, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
- Storekeeper at Trócaire
- Security Advisor at Chemonics