We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Assignment Title: Evaluation Specialist, WFP Ghana
Technical Point of Contact: Project Director
IBTCI is seeking an evaluation specialist who lives in Ghana to join an evaluation team to conduct an evaluation of UN World Food Program programs in Ghana. This is an evaluation for which IBTCI is applying to WFP. The specialist will be expected to travel in Ghana, conduct interviews and contribute to document review and analysis in April, May, and June. The period of responsibility would extend also to revisions and presentations to WFP from April 2022 to December 2022.
This position is contingent upon IBTCI award from WFP.
Scope of Work:
- Contribute with the rest of the team to design and develop analytic framework, questions, instruments and approaches to an evaluation of WFPâs portfolio in Ghana.
- Conduct in-person, face-to-face and other key informant interviews and focus group discussions of UN officers, government officials, WFP staff, NGOs, local partners and others, and write up structured notes for sharing with the rest of the team, and populate an online database.
- Design and develop data management and analytic tools to facilitate analysis of multiple data sets.
- Develop and develop innovative qualitative research methodologies to make sense of WFP documents, data and interviews.
- Analyze documents and review drafts of IBTCI reports and write methods for school feeding.
- Help write components of the evaluation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- At least twenty years of international experience in research, data collection, assessments, data analysis, and reporting.
- Expertise in education, school feeding, linguistics and anthropology in Ghana
- Demonstrated expertise of relevant technologies and software for both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Experience analyzing and reporting multi-method data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write effectively for a broad audience.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Masterâs Degree in nutrition, food, evaluation, social science, international development, with priority background in computer technology, statistics, research methodology, or related fields.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of World Food Programme policies, procedures and field programming
- Prior experience in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative and relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational skills and experience with project management technologies.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required to Ghana.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).