Options Consultancy Services seeks an Events Coordinator Consultant to provide guidance and support for Options 30th Anniversary event in Nigeria which will include planning, logistics, administration and execution of the event.
This year, Options marks its 30th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, we plan to host an event in Nigeria to promote our expertise, highlight our achievements and longstanding engagement in the country. We also aim to raise our brand profile and visibility among key audiences. A range of materials summarising our offering and achievements will be produced before the event.
The Event Coordinator will report to the Country representative and work Options’ Business Development Manager, the Abuja-based events admin team.He/she will also regularly engage the event admin team and other relevant staff members on an ongoing basis and schedule weekly progress meetings.
The events Coordinator will provide guidance and support to potentially evolve and implement the concept for the event as well as propose additional activities and ideas to promote it, in line with our 30th-anniversary communications and business objectives. The Event Coordinator will also lead on planning, logistics, administration and execution of the event, and immediate follow-up activities as specified.
The Event Coordinator will work within an agreed minimal events budget provided by Options to cover venue hire and catering.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience of developing and executing events with high-level stakeholders and speakers, preferably in the international development/international affairs sector and with funders, government stakeholders, etc
- Experience of budget management and contract management, working with Excel
Skills and attributes
- Strategic thinker – creative, dynamic individual
- Strong organisational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure as well as to problem solve
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and build relationships with team members of diverse backgrounds
- Fluency in English (spoken, written, reading)
- Right to live and work in Nigeria
For more information, please refer to the Terms of reference.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in Nigeria
How to apply
- To apply, please fill in the form HERE
- Closing date for applications is: 14 May 2023
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 20 May, 2023
- Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including criminal record check, identification check, employment references and right to work verification (where appropriate)
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Coordinateur·trice Terrain at Première Urgence Internationale
- République Démocratique du Congo: Coordinateur.trice de Zone – Bukavu at ACTED
- Chief of Party, USAID/DRC Enseignement Technique pour Opportunités Inclusives, Lucratives et Équitables (ETOILE) Activity
- Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/DRC Enseignement Technique pour Opportunités Inclusives, Lucratives et Équitables (ETOILE) Activity
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) Trade Development Advisor at CTG