The role is strategic and tactical, reports directly to the CEO and requires the ideal candidate to have a good mix of strategic thinking and be able to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. The incumbent will provide strategic, operational, and administrative support to the CEO’s office, as well as be the connector and conduit between senior leadership, employees, and key stakeholders to ensure efficient management of the organization.
The ideal candidate must have a predisposition to collaboration and agility to be able to coordinate and undertake a range of often complex, technical and/or highly sensitive activities, including research and analysis. You will also drive special business initiatives/projects that originate from the CEO’s office.
- Work closely with the executive team to develop, iterate and pursue execution of strategic priorities towards realizing our strategic goals to 2025 and breaking this down into annual, quarterly, and monthly priorities
- Establish a clear rhythm of business across the organization to ensure the realization of the strategy in alignment with the organization’s values; innovation, collaboration, excellence and valuing people.
- Generate insights and analysis of the environment in which the AECF currently operates and may operate in the future to help shape the AECF offering in the market.
- Lead periodic comprehensive reviews of the corporate strategy to ensure AECF can incorporate emerging trends, learnings and iterate as necessary.
- Lead and support the executive team in aligning the communication of strategic priorities and direction to all staff and stakeholders.
- Design, prioritise and lead the implementation of key strategic initiatives and special projects, working closely with a wide range of cross-functional partners (Sectoral Teams, HR, IT, Legal, Partners, Donors etc.)
- Develop a good understanding of current business and sectoral issues and be able to provide timely advice to the CEO and executive team.
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of tools and resources to improve efficiency across all AECF’s processes, systems, programs and initiatives.
- Coordinate and partner with others to drive effective cadence of functional operating meetings including EXCO, Townhalls, and Strategy reviews.
- Work in partnership with the CEO and the CEO’s Executive Assistant to be a central point of contact for the coordination of CEO activities and ensure preparation of relevant documents and briefing material.
- Support the CEO’s participation in internal and external meetings/events – Board meetings, Workshops, Seminars, etc. – including preparing technical reports, briefing materials, communication, speeches, and other materials required by the CEO.
- Leverage internal partners formally and informally to glean organisational insights, acting where necessary to get ahead of issues to the CEO’s attention before they rise.
Suitable candidates should:
- Possess 8 years’ experience in strategy consulting, strategy/business intelligence, or international
- Hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Possess solid experience in management consulting or previously held a strategy role in a mid to large sized
- Experience working in impact investing across the agribusiness and renewable energy sectors is preferred.
- Demonstrate a holistic perspective on overall business objectives and priorities while simultaneously diving into
the details and nuances of a problem.
- Possess an advanced level of presentation and communication skills: being a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate practical insights.
Be a self-starter who can self-identify challenges, work independently, investigate and package information into
- Possess superior ability to build collegial relationships and collaborate with senior leadership, peers, and staff at all
How to apply
The AECF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
AECF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training, or any other fees).
If you believe, you can clearly demonstrate you abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role register and apply on:
To be considered, your application must be received by: 19th December 2022
For more information, please visit our careers page on www.aecfafrica.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Program Development Officer, Ethiopia at Samaritan’s Purse
- Communications Manager at Africa Enterprise Challenge Fund
- Coordinateur.trice Projet Prise en Charge de la Malnutrition – N’gouri – Tchad – H/F at ALIMA
- Chief of Party, USAID Ethiopia Markets for Sanitation Activity at Population Services International
- Health Promoter Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – WaCA