The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
As Expert Logistics, Procurement & Security you will lead and assure the effective and efficient functioning of the logistics and procurement department. Additionally you will provide adequate security for Welthungerhilfe’s assets and safety for Welthungerhilfe’s staff in Liberia.
- Ensure that a fully functioning asset management system is in place in all field locations and at the main office in Monrovia
- Provide technical line management for all logistics and procurement staff, and ensure that they consistently comply with Welthungerhilfe’s standards, policies, procedures, and donor contractual obligations
- Enable Heads of Projects/Heads of Department to effectively plan for project’s logistics and procurement needs, and take advantage of economies of scale
- Lead the training of staff on logistics and procurement procedures and processes, and hold them accountable for compliance with the same
- Ensure the effective use and management of Welthungerhilfe’s fleet and generators
- Ensure the effective use of all communication equipment including Codan radios and satelite phones
- Lead the procurement and delivery of all supplies and equipment according to Welthungerhilfe’s policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain functioning warehouses as required and carry out periodic stock checks and assure all warehouses function according to Welthungerhilfe’s policies and procedures and standards
- Ensure that all accidents and security incidents are reported in writing within 24 hours
- A university or polytechnic degree in logistics/supply chain management or a related field
- At least 3-5 years of project management experience in humanitarian or development logistics and procurement functions, preferably in the region
- Proven ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team and a multi-million Dollar operation
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and willingness to work in difficult settings
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- A very good command of both written and spoken English
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
**Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by December 16, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.