Digni and The Norwegian Mission Society (NMS) is currently seeking an external evaluator for “Current Affairs” project in the Middle East, implemented
About the organisations:
The Norwegian Mission Society (NMS) is a voluntary organization, rooted in the Church of Norway. NMS is one of the largest Christian organizations in Norway, with its head office in Stavanger. The organization consists of voluntary involvement from people and congregations who pray, give, and collect money for the work. Its history goes back to 1842, when it started mission and diaconal work. NMS seeks, together with partner organizations, churches, and individuals throughout the world, to work actively to equip each other to share faith in Jesus, fight injustice and eradicate poverty. NMS has a framework agreement with Digni which means that it is responsible for ensuring the quality of the applications and reports for projects which are receiving governmental funding.
SAT-7 is a Christian satellite television network broadcasting in Arabic, Persian and Turkish across 25 countries in the Middle East and North Africa, along with about 50 countries in Europe. SAT – 7 wants to see a growing Church in the Middle East and North Africa, confident in Christian faith and witness, serving the community, and contributing to the good of society and culture.
Digni is an umbrella organisation for development projects and have 19 members. Digni receives funding from Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD). NMS receives funds from Digni and Digni has delegated the responsibility for project management to NMS.
About the project:
Current Affairs is a 5-year Communications for Development (C4D) project implemented in Egypt. The project found its feet in the aftermath of the Arab spring where hopes for a brighter future did not materialize as many hoped they would. In this context, this project sought to employ media as a tool to promote minority rights and establish peaceful coexistence among a body of people that were exploring their shared values, the substance of social contracts, and the like.
Objective: Arabic speaking minorities throughout MENA (with a special focus on Egypt) have their rights promoted in a manner conducive to the establishment of a society characterized by peaceful coexistence.
1) Viewers are intrigued by minority rights and means of peaceful coexistence.
2) Emotional attachment to promoting minority rights and peaceful coexistence is reinforced amongst viewers.
3) Public discourse on minority rights and means of peaceful coexistence is stimulated.
4) The capability of minority rights promotion is built among selected beneficiaries.
This was pursued through the implementation of several activities including the production of Dramas, Magazine programs, and Social Media content. Other aspects included training and networking.
The purpose of the evaluation is:
- to assess the project’s progress towards output and outcomes
- to assess any unintended results for the intervention
- to assess the extent of the project’s contribution to the empowerment of the individual, the community, and the society.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
· Excellent analytical skills
· Documented experience in project management and working on result frameworks.
· Documented experience having conducted external evaluations, preferably in the region.
· Knowledge in the field of media and its social impact is an asset.
· Experience in working in the region with development organizations.
· Being culturally sensitive
· Being familiar with quality benchmarks collaborating with major donors is an asset, but not a requirement.
· Excellent English written and oral skills.
· Fluent in Arabic is essential.
· Ability to work in a structured and independent way, yet to relate well with people in an interview setting.
Please contact Lena Eltervåg at firstname.lastname@example.org for Terms of Reference or for other information or regarding any questions related to this posting.
How to apply
Application with CV including references, a description of how you would go about the evaluation and the tools/methods you would you would use and number of days needed, diploma, and certificates should be sent to ApplicationGlobal@nms.no and email@example.com. Please mark your email with SAT-7 Evaluator also send reports of similar evaluations that you have previously done if not confidential. Deadline for applying is 18th of May, 2022
- Job City Egypt