Caritas Luxemburg is non-governmental agency and member of Caritas Internationalis. Caritas works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles. SARD is a Turkish non-governmental.
Caritas Luxembourg and SARD operate under the partnership agreement in Turkey. They run a joint project from Mersin Turkey office for the assistance of displaced families in Syria or “Syrian IDP project” funded by different donors (Mainly ECHO).
1. Position Caritas Luxembourg
2. Location work from home, Mersin Turkey and/or Luxembourg
3. Duration: from 01/01/2022 until 15/08/2022 up to a maximum 135 days (15 days monthly) over a period of 8 months with a regular mission to Mersin Turkey for min 7 days per month. Based on availability of funds and satisfactory performances, the contract can be extended.
4. Accountable to FCL Finances manager
5. Main duties and tasks
5.1. Assure that incomes and expenses are adequately supported by the original documentation and have been properly accounted for;
5.2. Control that administrative policies and procedures are followed and well documented, check the procedures related to procurements, finances and accounting (double signature principle, procurement procedures, share cost policy, etc.);
5.3. Control that expenses are eligible for ECHO and other donors and well documented by appropriate supporting documents to guarantee the eligibility of the expenses;
5.4. That documentation is clear and provides a fully justifiable audit trail to the external eye, particularly ensuring the link from purchase request, to payment, to distribution is transparent;
5.5. Verification and validation of monthly, interim and final financial report; Ensure that all partner financial reports are produced and provided by the partner(s) in time and according to donor’s requirements, read them critically, provide feed-back and consolidate the reports;
5.6. Checks the bank and accounts reconciliations;
5.7. Assure correct physical and accounting treatment of fixed assets, the inventory systems showing proof of existence;
5.8. Prepare audits files for internal and external auditors in close collaboration with the partner(s), who should insure that all Partners reports and documentations are available on Dropbox;
5.9. Works in close collaboration and cooperation with SARD and FCL HQ representatives under the supervision of the Finance manager.
6. Expected key results:
Check, control that FCL/SARD projects in Syria are implemented in line with agreed standards, norms and signed agreement and expenses are eligible for ECHO and other donors. **
7. Post requirement
• University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce/Finance or related field from an accredited academic institution;
• Minimum two years of relevant work experience in the field of accounting, finance, budgeting, audit experience an advantage;
• Financial and administrative experience of ECHO (EU) funded project management and controlling;
• Well-developed computer skills, particularly MS Excel;
• Good communication and reporting skills;
• Knowledge of the regional context;
• English language;
• Arabic or/and Turkish language is an advantage
The Financial Controller will have close support from FCL HQ and will be assisted by FCL technical experts conducting regular visits or based on needs.
Respective candidate is supposed to follow and respect FCL and SARD office guidelines, rules and regulations as well as organisational principles and guidelines.
How to apply
Consultant that meets the above criteria is requested to submit following documentation latest until 17/12/2021 to the following e-mail address email@example.com
• Letter expressing interest in the position and outlining reasons why the application should be selected;
• Updated Curriculum Vitae, including three references.
Applications will be reviewed and followed by in presence (preferably) or on-line interviews for the short-listed candidates.