- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of position:
- Response Med is seeking to provide health professionals to deliver clinical services in UN facilities located in Somalia.
- Personnel shall deliver primary care & hospital level services, including emergency, surgical, diagnostic, intensive care & general hospital services.
- Personnel shall provide the services at the UN level 1+ health facility located in the UNSOS camp within the AAIA in Mogadishu & in sector health facilities, as & when required.
- Additionally, personnel may be to reinforce these AMISOM level 2 hospitals during emergency situations that severely stress facilities.
- The UN level 1+ health facility is a capability that was established in 2012 with the objective of providing emergency & primary health care for the UN international personnel in Somalia.
- The facility has since been supporting UNSOS, UNSOM & AMISOM FHQ personnel.
- Additionally, the facility is available to international personnel from other UN entities, diplomatic missions & UNSOS contracted vendors, on a cost recovery basis.
- Services may, on occasion, also be extended to the SNA.
Role objectives: We are looking for a dedicated & experienced Female Reporoductive Health GP to diagnose & treat patients’ gynecological conditions. The Reporoductive Health GP’s responsibilities include performing breast examinations, prescribing suitable medications & identifying malignant tumors within the female reproductive system. To be successful candidate should keep abreast of the latest developments in gynecology & use the best available treatments on patients. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the proper use & maintenance of all equipment & assets in the obstetrics & gynaecology unit.
- Conduct periodic general & obstetrics & gynaecology health related talks to enhance healthy living for staff & individual clients.
- Ensure clients medical records are completed on time & also update the progress notes in time.
- She should authenticate medical records progress notes.
- Admitting patients requiring special care followed by investigations & treatment.
- The Female Reporductive Health GP will ensure the implementation of all the approved policies & procedures, rules, regulations, protocols & guidelines, clinical pathways that guide & support the provision of clinical services.
- Managing of clients for reproductive health both in the inpatient & outpatient.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- Bachelors Degree in Medicine & Surgery with a minimum of three years of progressive post qualification clinical experience.
- Board certified / postgraduate certified by an appropriate body following the successful completion of specialist training in Family Practice, Reproductive Health, Female Wellness, with a minimum of three years’ progressive post specialist qualification.
- Experience in gynaecology & obstetrics.
- Currently registered & licensed to practice medicine & apply specialty without supervision in own country or another UN member state.
- English proficiency, a minimum of level B 2 is required.
- Preference / desire to live & work in Somalila.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- CTG is open to reviewing applications of both expats as well as Somali nationals for this role
- Job City Mogadishu