Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Titles: Field Assistant
Location: Plateau, Nigeria
- The LGA Field Assistant supports the implementation of SMC activities at LGA, health facilities and household level.
- He/she is responsible for planning, implementation, reporting and coordination with local government representatives and community level stakeholders.
Key Working Relationships
- The LGA Field Assistant takes instructions from the Program Officer / Field Officer on the implementation of SMC activities.
- S/he gives feedback to the Program Officer/Field Officer in form of basic documentations and to the M&E Officer in form of data entry for administrative coverage and supply chain management.
- S/he will also support the Finance Officer in getting account details of distribution personnel for payment.
Programme Implementation, treatment tracking and management (70%):
- Support implementation of SMC activities at health LGA level, including timely implementation of route plan, planning meetings, commodity distributions and monitoring to avoid any stock out, Community mobilization activities, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensure accountability of received commodities and supplies through tracking consumption levels and review of reconciliation reports
- Provide administrative support to training events field partners (Supervisors, HFW, CHWs, and community mobilisers).
- Track program targets and timely implement the planned activities to ensure program meets targets and review reports from LGAs and HFW for accuracy and completeness prior to submission.
- Ensure implementation of activities are in line with the laid down protocols, by continuously monitoring and escalating issues detected to the line manager for mitigation
- Maintain a good relationship and work jointly with – Public Health Officers and other partners to undertake home visits, meetings and to ensure health LGA’s ownership.
Reporting & data quality control (10%):
- Review distributors’ tally sheet, making corrections where necessary and entering the data on relevant data capturing platform
- Assist ME Officer on the data quality queries and ensure identified issues are rectified in time.
- Ensure submission of other reports to keep the line manager and State Project Manager abreast with the project implementation at LGA level.
Coordination and representation (10%):
- Ensure planning and coordination meetings are conducted as planned at LGA and community levels.
- Attend data validation meetings at LGA level and as directed by Line manager
Administrative and other duties (10%):
- Ensure the development of individual and team action plans to ensure role complementarities in achieving the set treatment target.
- Participate in the follow-up of supplies consumption.
- Provide information for overall planning of stock levels, making sure that they are sufficient for the operations at SMC sites
- Ensure that all HF release physical inventory of all SMC commodities supplied at the end of each cycle.
- Any other duties as required by the line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- Clinical Officer, Nurse, Science, Social Science or Public Health qualification at minimum of diploma level
- At least two years field experience in related field
- Fluency in English, Hausa and/or other local languages is required
- Experience working in drug/commodity supply management, M&E and logistics
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences including LGA staff, HFW and community leaders
- Experience of conducting quality supportive supervision and data use
- A broad range of experience including logistics, training and capacity building ability
- Experience of supporting teams
- Experience working at LGA level
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Basic computer skills particularly Microsoft Office
- Flexible, ability to work both as an individual and as a team member and under stress in what can be a harsh environment
- Nigerian citizen (legal requirement).
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- This is a fixed term contract for the period of 10 months.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria