The Field Coordinator will provide administrative, secretarial, and business support services to the regional MEDA Kenya offices.
- Job Status: Full-time Contract
- Anticipated Start Date: July 2022
- Location: Mombasa, Kenya and Kisumu, Kenya (2 positions)
Support to field office activities
- Assist the Regional Operations Manager in project activity follow-ups and administrative matters, for the day-to-day activities in the region of focus (Lake Zone or Coast) i.e., communication, partnership relationship management and any other related functions.
- Coordinate project activities and assist in collecting deliverables information, updates, and follow-ups.
- Work with the Regional Operations Manager to maintain regular communications with project partners, including organizing/participating in meetings and field visits, taking notes, ensuring follow up on the action points, responsible people, and time frames.
- Organizes transport and accommodation arrangements for Field office staff.
- Organizes venues for events at the field Office, i.e. room layouts for programmes, scheduled workshops and demonstrations etc.
Research and Data Collection/Management
- Support the Regional Operations Manager to ensure the timely collection, analysis, and storage of key records for all grantees and project partners, making them available on company internal knowledge sharing and storing platform.
- Research on project technical topics as requested by the team
- Respond to data requests from team members across MEDA Kenya offices
General Office management
- Coordinates operations at the reception desk and generally field office.
- Ensure entire office is clean, well serviced, maintained – Office cleaning including carpet, done quarterly through a service provider.
- Ensure all office supplies (stationery, toners, beverages, cleaning materials) are sufficiently supplied, recorded, and stored properly
- Monitor the office supplies to eliminate pilferage or loss and report cases for action to the supervisor
- Maintains and undertakes filing and retrieval of documents for office operations.
Vehicle management support
- Custodian of fuel card for field office vehicle and works with driver to update Security and Logistics point person on fuel card balances bi-weekly.
- Work with Field office driver to maintain and share with Security and Logistics Officer used and duly signed Monthly vehicle log sheet.
- Support field office in managing office petty cash. Requesting for petty cash advances, compiling, and submitting the returns to Nairobi Head office.
- Ensure petty cash expenditures are duly supported by receipts, vouchers and any other as per MEDA’s finance petty cash policy.
- Supports the field office staff in requesting for travelling allowance and filling returns for such allowance once the activity is completed, supported with receipts.
Education: At least Diploma in a business-related field, administration, office management, or equivalent.
Experience: 3 Years minimum experience working in similar roles
How to apply
Interested candidates should send they applications and resume indicating the location of choice (Mombasa or Kisumu) through the link below.