CTG Global – CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero-tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peacebuilding, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Security Officer
Vacancy ID: VAC-7570
Start date: 01-Jul-2022
Number of Vacancies: 3
Project Reporting: This role reports to the Security / Country Manager.
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Overview of Position:
- The Field Security Officer will be one member of a team of three providing 24 / 7 coverage in an operations centre environment in Maiduguri, Borno. Working in a team, you will be responsible for protecting & maintaining the duty of care for CTG staff working across the BAY states & beyond. You will assume the first line of defence by monitoring threats & vulnerabilities that may arise.
- You will be required to write reports & brief your incoming FSO on issues & events that may have occurred during your shift.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Field Security Officer, you will also be responsible for drafting SOPs, delivering briefings on evacuation plans, delivering security briefings & investigating & reporting on incidents that may occur at work or that may affect our staff members’ wellbeing.
- You will be required to attend meetings & build security networks.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Field Security Officer / Country Manager, you are responsible to:
- Maintain an updated list of all staff in the country including all the details of visiting staff & consultants.
- Ensure that staff members are kept informed of matters affecting their safety & security & making appropriate arrangement for briefing newly arrived consultants, this may be done face to face or over MS Teams.
- Establish security coordination / liaison with the local security authorities & develop good contacts with national law enforcement agencies, with a view to obtain the best possible protection for staff members deployed in the country as well as those on mission. These contacts will be documented in a contact database.
- Monitors both land & air emergency evacuation capability, assist, conduct of evacuation exercises in case required.
- Assists in the evaluation accessible areas, maintain tracking systems & assist in the coordination of a 24 hour emergency response system.
- Assist, prepare & maintain an updated security plan including contingency plans for the team in accordance with security SOPs.
- Maintains continuing lines of communication with Security / Country Manager & other senior management members.
- Assists Security / Country Manager in briefing on the status, activity & requirements that may newly arise.
- Ensures that fire prevention devices & fire fighting equipment are available on the premises.
- Maintains fire evacuation plan & conducts fire drills & training as necessary.
- Conducts routine security inspections of hotels & work places, taxi & car hire companies, airlines, road routes, field locations.
- May be required to supervise security guards which could involve delivering training to increase their professional abilities.
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline is required, a certificate in security or related field would be considered an asset for this role.
- Sector experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of demonstrable relevant Security experience (desirable).
- Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 year/s of experience in Africa (desirable).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to write detailed reports, use mapping software, use presentation software, advanced excel skills.
- Candidates must be fluent in English, a working knowledge of Hausa & / or Kanuri would be considered an asset for this role.
- Some knowledge of security management is essential for this role.
- nowledge, understanding & ability to manage security challenges in post conflict environment.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Demonstrates professional competence & mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious & efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines & achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates maturity when dealing with staff issues or shortcomings.
- Speaks & writes clearly & effectively, listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others & responds appropriately, asks questions to clarify & exhibits interest in having 2 way communication, tailors’ language, tone, style & format to match audience, demonstrates openness in sharing information & keeping people informed.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identifies priority activities & assignments, adjusts priorities as required, allocates appropriate amount of time & resources for completing work, foresees risks & allows for contingencies when planning, monitors & adjusts plans & actions, as necessary.
- Fluent in English (essential).
- Fluent in Hausa (desirable).
- Fluent in Kanuri (desirable).
Application Closing Date
17th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.