Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Admin Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Finance & Admin Assistant is responsible for providing office support by assisting with administrative and financial systems, logistics and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the BA-N State Coordinator/Senior Program Officer and staff with preparation and logistics for community activities, meetings, trainings and other events as needed at the field office.
- Maintain general office systems including filing; coordinating timely timesheet submission; sending, receiving and distributing faxes; and photocopying.
- Assist the office staff with the tracking and development of administrative documents;
- Maintain organized files on all admin and financial related reports and documents.
- Maintain the project field office petty cash, prepare payments, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required, and supervise the processing of staff claims and advances and per diem.
- Complete purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for relevant senior Admin and Finance Officers.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors.
- Submit monthly financial reports as required to the Senior Finance Officer II.
- Carry out other tasks to support BA-N Integrated project efforts as assigned.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities. The position reports to the Senior Program Officer-State Coordinator for the respective state.
Education and / or Experience
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years work experience with admin and finance support for health programs
- Strong spoken and written English skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High level administrative writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software
- Professional and organized
- Experienced in supply management and inventory control
- Fluency in the local language of the job location.
- Internet research abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
Application Closing Date
Monday, 24th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. E.g., “Finance & Admin Assistant, Kebbi”.
Note: Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Programme Coordinator at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
- Consultant – Organizational Capacity Assessment at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Director of Programs at Save the Children Nigeria
- Test Day Coordinator at the British Council
- CMR & Logistics Officer at the British Council