- Project/Activity USAID/Tanzania MELS
- Industry USAID
- City Dar es Salaam
- State/Province Tanzania
- Country Tanzania
- Zip/Postal Code 000000
- HIghest Level of Education A minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Work Experience 3-5 years
Panagora Group is a small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our goal is to provide innovative solutions that build national capacity and promote sustainability through robust local participation and capacity building, utilizing highly integrated and private sector solutions. Drawing on decades of experience across all developing regions, we offer a range of foundational international health and development services, with specialized expertise in global health; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); private-sector solutions; capacity building; knowledge management; and communications. As a small business, we are able to implement novel and innovative approaches using highly participatory approaches to mobilize community, civil society, and government energy in defining and owning solutions, and to promote inclusive development that benefits all groups.
Panagora, a prime contractor under the USAID’s EVAL-ME II Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract is seeking an experienced Finance & Administration Manager for an anticipated Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Platform contract. This five-year activity will assist mission with strategy- and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization, data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID and its implementing partners.
This is a long-term position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania expected to start in mid-2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
The F&A Manager will carry out the following activities:
- Implement and manage all field financial policies in compliance with Panagora policies, client policies, and local laws.
- Collaborate with the Operations Senior Manager to manage office operations, finance and accounting, procurement and purchasing, facilities and office services, in-country travel, and logistics.
- Ensure that all invoices are paid in a timely manner and that invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, purchase orders, timesheets, and contractual documents are per Panagora’s and USAID procedures for procurement.
- Oversee cash flow, including fund transfers from the home office, local currency exchanges, and petty cash.
- Work to reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with the home office and ensure all transactions are captured and completed in the financial accounting system as part of the month-end closing process.
- Maintain current standing with all mandated tax liabilities and organization registrations.
- Review and prepare as necessary country activity travel advances, processes travel claims and works with country program staff to resolve accounting-related issues.
- Execute audit preparations and timely response to audit requests.
- Maintain financial and administrative records and file documents.
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum four (4) years of progressive experience in financial management and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to support financial management or general ledger system with proven attention to detail with accuracy and reliability as key drivers of success.
- Knowledge of regulatory, contractual, legal, and financial compliance requirements associated with USAID funding required.
- Strong knowledge working on MS Excel, CostPoint, and other accounting software.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- Local consultants are encouraged to apply.
- Reports to: Chief of Party.
To Apply: Fill out the online application. Please include a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Only applicants who include the required application components will be considered. Panagora Group is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
*Note: Panagora does not offer visa sponsorship at this time.