Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer
- The Finance & Admin Officer together with other finance team members will implement efficient finance activities within the office.
- S/he will also work with other members the administrative team to provide efficient administrative support for all categories of staff and external stakeholders to provide administrative and logistics support in the office.
Check Other Ngo Jobs in Africa
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the monthly finance QuickBooks report by imputing invoices into the accounting software.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure travel advances and activity retirements from the field office are retired before they are due;
- Prepares Local Purchase Orders using JHU/CCP formats
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments
- Work with the receptionist to ensure office stationary are always available and stockouts are avoided;
- Work closely with relevant state staff to supervise and account for all safety equipment and supplies (First Aid and CPRs etc.) in all program offices (New);
- Conduct routine checks on all safety equipment and make recommendations where necessary;
- Support the admin team in updating and managing vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) (new);
Visit Ngo Jobs in Nigeria
- Assist in processing vendor and consultancy invoices (New);
- Ensure procurement of goods and services for the project are done according to USAID and institutional rules and regulations (New)
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions (New)
- Together with relevant staff ensure that travel & logistics, welfare and support needs of visiting guests to Nigeria and expatriates are met;
- Support in the maintenance and management of physical office space and project vehicles; including environmental cleaning, local transportation, maintenance office equipment and appliances and meeting staff office needs;
- Manage all field office petty cash transactions.
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances.
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
Latest Ngo Jobs in Nigeria
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related finance field).
- Minimum of 5 years’ NGO experience is required. Experience implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is highly valued.
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
16th March, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location (eg: Finance and Admin Officer, Bauchi) as the subject of the email.