The purpose of this exercise is to provide an opportunity to the student to apply skills acquired through a real work situation, expose the student to business functions which are not available to her/him at the university and build confidence in real work situation, problem solving, teamwork and working with professionals in the world of work.
- Updating of voucher and journal files to ensure all support documents are attached.
- Ensure all payment support documents have been stamped paid
- Help in follow up of receipts from vendors and liaises with Admin & Logistics Officer on the missing receipts
- Help in arranging and re arranging archived files and ensuring documents are secured properly to avoid loss of trail.
- Scanning of all support documents for Salesforce – procurement process
- Assist in photocopying any relevant documents
- Update the cheque dispatch book
- 8.Scanning of intercompany Documents.
- Matching of the requests, CBAs, Orders &Invoices.
- Initiating payment vouchers
- Maintaining little cab (taxi) file – daily trip Invoices
- Fuel reconciliations
- Suppliers statements reconciliation
- Assist in drawing the LPOs
- Assist in audit for retrieval of documents.
- Assist in Audit Preparation.
- Physical Asset and inventory checks
- Front office management and handling of the switchboard and direct phone calls to the respective team members
- To help in securing quotations as and when required
- Provide monthly reports as required.
- Issuance of Inventory to Staff
- Assist in Asset Disposal.
- Must have successfully completed their undergraduate degree in finance, business administration or a related field in the last two years
- Must not have worked in a paid position before.
- This must be the first internship
- CID Certificate of good behaviour or application in progress
- Two references from faculty, professional contacts or community
How to apply
For more information about how to apply and to download a copy of the Job Description, please visit our website: https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/finance-administration-intern-based-in-nairobi-kenya/