JOB TITLE: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
REPORTING TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
BASED AT: NAIROBI, KENYA
ABOUT FARSIGHT GROUP:
Farsight Africa Group is an advisory and implementation company that provides services in Public Sector Advisory, Technology and Innovation, M&E Research and Learning, Human Resources and Strategic Communications. Our clients include governments, regional administrations, development organizations and corporate clients.
Farsight Africa Group has established a reputation in the marketplace for working in complex and challenging environments that demand a comprehensive understanding of local cultures, indigenous communication practices and relationships with stakeholders at both the grassroots and national level.
BE THE STRATEGY BEHIND THE GAME.
Farsight is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a Finance and Administration Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance and admin department and shall be the Focal Point for all finance and admin related matters. Interested? Join us.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AS THE FINANCE AND ADMNISTRATION OFFICER:
- Ensures that all financial policies and procedure are properly maintained and followed
- Ensures all financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained, and can be extracted with ease for preparing financial statements and during audit.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly requests, reconciliations and financial statement reports.
- Monitors expenditure levels and advises on areas of improvement.
- Processing Payroll.
- Liaise with various Farsight Offices to ensure compatibility of the company’s financial books.
- Checks and ensures that all procurement processes and expenditures of the company are in accordance with the company’s procedures. This includes ensuring receipts to be obtained for all payment and invoices for contracted work.
- Providing and interpreting financial information.
- Ensuring office supplies are maintained, including checking inventory and working with vendors to ensure adequate levels of necessary supplies at all times
- Carry out any other financial and administrative assignments as required or requested from time to time.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant continuous work experience in finance and administrative functions.
- Proven experience working with Navision software is mandatory
- CPA/ACCA certification is mandatory
- Experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis.
- High integrity, strong result orientation and drive for excellence and initiative taking.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Be a team player and have client focus.
- Work experience with MS Office applications is a must.
WHO ARE WE A GOOD FIT FOR?
Our benefit comes from our client’s success; our approach is therefore client-centric. Recognizing this balance of mutual achievement, our operations teams create the framework from which we can best respond to our client’s needs. Our professional, experienced workforce connecting across Farsight departments as a unified team applies the tailored programmes for each client. Suppose that sounds like you, apply and join our team.
WE, AS FARSIGHT AFRICA GROUP.
Our mission is to promote Development and Prosperity through concise, consistent, innovative services and products. We strive to become the go-to advisory services company contributing to a better tomorrow for our clients and communities.
BE PART OF THE TEAM!
Farsight Africa is a diverse and dynamic organization, developing relationships through its reliability, innovation and accountability. We seek long-term partnerships, with clients returning to us as they benefit from the tailored solutions of the Farsight Africa team.
How to apply
READY TO JOIN AN EXCITING TEAM AND MAKE A CHANGE? APPLY NOW.
Kindly send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th October 2022. Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate has been selected.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Project Manager – WASH (Ethiopian Nationals) at African Initiatives for Relief and Development
- Strategic Advisor, Economic Law and Policy Program (Africa, Europe, UK remote) at International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Refugee Communications Specialist – Uganda National Hire at Church World Service
- ‘FNT/EOI/83/2022-CARE Economy Rapporteur at The African Women’s Development and Communications Network
- Partnership Finance Assistant- Nairobi at ACTED