IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Finance and Operations Director candidates to support the USAID-funded Ghana Youth Activity. The Activity will support rural and urban youth in northern Ghana with a range of sustainable opportunities, tools, and support systems that enable youth to improve their livelihoods, increase their abilities to contribute as both economically and socially productive individuals, promote peace, and become engaged community members. The activity will give special attention to the needs of girls, the disabled, and other disadvantaged groups. Based in Accra, the Finance and Operations Director will ensure efficient and effective program operations and compliant financial protocols to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
Only citizens of Ghana or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the COP in day-to-day program management and ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds usage, accountability, and operations within the country.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments.
- Monitor program budget and advise senior management on burn rates and other programmatic considerations; provide complete and compliant required reporting; and maintain financial records for all program activities;
- Overseeing subgrantee budgets and expenditures; provide relevant capacity building on financial and operational requirements for local partners as needed.
- Supervise Finance and Operations team.
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained throughout the life of the program;
- Oversee all office expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles; lead human resource management;
- Establish financial and operational systems during start-up.
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ghanaian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- A graduate degree in accounting or a relevant social or administrative science, with at least eight (8) years of experience in Ghana in the administration of international donor-funded programs; or an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science with at least 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems from start-up to close out, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, fraud prevention measures, and management of employee compensation systems.
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations.
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels.
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field under challenging circumstances.
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience.
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local Ghanian languages.
How to apply
Click on https://bit.ly/GhanaYouthOps to submit your CV in English along with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations for consideration.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Coordinateur (trice) Protection – Cameroun at INTERSOS
- Coordinateur(trice) Programme – Cameroun at INTERSOS
- Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist, USAID/Ghana Youth Activity at International Research and Exchanges Board
- Grants Manager at Relief International
- Chief of Party I – MGD Project Benin at Catholic Relief Services