Creative Associates International is a fast-growing, social impact company that specializes in the areas of education, economic growth, democratic transitions, and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Chevy Chase, Maryland, this global development organization has a field presence is more than 25 countries and a strong client portfolio of that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department. Since its founding in 1977 by four enterprising women, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike. Creative Associates International has been working in Nigeria for more than a decade to support education programs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Operations Officer
Job ID: 2022-2800
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Category: Administrative / Office Support
- Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and in close partnership with federal partners and select Nigeria States (designated as legacy [Bauchi and Sokoto], launching and technical assistance), the five-year Leveraging Education Assistance Resources in Nigeria (LEARN) project will support sustainable improvements in reading outcomes for first and second grade pupils.
- The goal of LEARN is to strengthen and scale early grade reading (EGR) best practice by ensuring that standards-based, context-appropriate assessment, materials, training, and administrative supports needed to improve literacy skills for P1-2 pupils are embedded within the federal policy, funding, and monitoring frameworks, and state and local authorities have the implementation protocols, capacity, and resources to carry out and sustain standards-based, data-driven EGR reform.
- The project objective is to instill ownership in and build capacity of school-community, local, state, and federal systems to establish a base for adequate, consistent data-driven funding, monitoring and performance that increase the equity, inclusion, and wellbeing necessary to achieve sustained EGR gains.
- LEARN will therefore be building on lessons learned from prior Nigeria reading programs to introduce a flexible, cost- efficient EGR intervention model that can be tailored to state contexts.
- This position leads the Finance and Operation processes in the field office in liaison with the Finance Director and the Senior Operations Manager.
- The position will Manage the finance activities and ensure all procedures in the field office are conducted as outlined in the finance policy and reports/postings are done in time.
- Supervise the Operations Officer and ensure all operational activities are done conducted in line with the field operations guide and procurement manual of Creative Associates International.
Reporting & Supervision:
- Finance and Operation Officer will report to the Regional State Advisor with dotted line reporting to the Finance Director and Senior Operations Manager in Abuja.
- Review all procurement purchases within the field office level threshold and ensure that all procurement is conscientious.
- Supervise and manage field procurement, office management, transport management and logistics activities and ensure efficiency in the activities in the field.
- Administer petty cash operations, provide accountability and reporting in full compliance with USAID, and Creative standards.
- Processing of check requests and wire transfers for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process vendor and consultant fees/ payments in accordance with USAID and Creative account procedures and contract policies.
- Remit and file all the statutory deductions (including processing of tax clearance certificate) on monthly basis.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure reconciliation of monthly expense reports and respond to any inquiries on a Monthly basis to ensure that no issue is been carried forward.
- Implement systems and ensure proper checks and balances to mitigate potential for fraud or improper use of funds.
- Work with the Grants Manager to implement the grants mechanism as needed.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or professional Accounting / Financial qualification is highly desired.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four years of general experience.
- At least 1 year of supervising experience required.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects highly preferred; and
- Advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired, English proficient level required.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in similar role.
- Proven experience directly and indirectly supervising and managing staff and teams.
- Experience with a USAID-funded or other international organization implementing a program operating in insecure areas is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills are required.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Local Economic & Value Chain Development Advisor (Maternity Cover) at the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
- Chef.fe de projet “Unis pour la paix et la Sécurité” et responsable de composante 1 (H/F) at Expertise France
- Country Finance Manager Mali at WeWorld-GVC
- Responsable de composante 4 du projet Unis pour la Paix et la Sécurité en RDC (H/F) at Expertise France
- Programme Manager – Disability Inclusion at Sightsavers