Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 85 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries.
- Ensure minimum cash balance is available for the normal functioning of the office at Program area level.
- Avail all cash request of the PA and pay without any significant delay to the intended purpose as per the Program officers & Program coordinators request.
- Check all financial documents are reviewed and approved before payments are effected.
- Replenish all documents on time so that the organization record shows up to date balance.
- Deposit all collected cash within a week to the organization account.
- Follow and pay all PA’s cash commitment are paid on time e.g. telephone, electric, & water bills.
- Keep records of all amount paid, received and reconcile cash balance with records every working day.
- Report all cash shortage/ overage and all unpaid vouchers of more than reasonable time.
- Support the Program Area Finance Officer in paying tax issues to the relevant tax authority.
- Conduct monthly summery of pension, Income tax and withholding tax and submitted to the finance officer to facilitate the payment
- Prepare check payment to suppliers and staffs on time.
- Keep filling systems in which documents could be readily available, easily traced and ensure that all documents fulfil the appropriate source document.
- Support other staffs on finance related issue
- Support the Program Area Finance Officer in Audit Facilitation.
- Perform other related tasks as need arise and instructed by immediate supervisor.
Dealing with Problems:
- Making the necessary precautions while travelling with huge cash transactions.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted
Technical expertise, skills and knowledg
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Accounting/Business management
- Minimum three years of relevant experience.
- Basic computer skill to process various document settlements like Excel.
- Ample knowledge of currency denominations and counting.
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Plan International’s Values in Practice
We are open and accountable
We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organization by being open, honest and transparent. We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We strive for lasting impact
We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls. We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We work well together
We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organization, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals. We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams, across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering
We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace. We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives. We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
Type of Role: Finance
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Closing Date: June 22,2022
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Please note that Plan International will never send unsolicited emails requesting payment from candidates.
- Job City Afar