Reporting to the Senior Finance Officer, the incumbent will manage the receipt and disbursements of funds and maintain an adequate filing system for all accounting/PAMODZI-related documentation.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Cheque Transactions
- Draw cheques and stamp ‘paid’ with the correct cheque number and date before forwarding documents to the SNR FO for review;
- Book an appointment with the signatories to have the cheques signed;
- Issue cheques to both staff and vendors. Proper recording of the cheque; number, vendor name, and the amount must be done before issuing of the cheques;
- File receipts once received from vendors (Including Dahabshil)
- Petty Cash Disbursements and Maintenance
- Ensure signing authority approves all Travel Expense Reports (TERs), and payments with all charging details provided
- Ensure all vouchers/invoices are accurate;
- Ensure restrict petty cash payments to the established amounts for each currency;
- Ensure reimbursements are at 75% of the float so that there is cash at any one time;
- Account for all advances on the same day and bring to the management’s attention any overdue advances by staff and perform cash reconciliation/count;
- Account for all petty cash vouchers and include the void vouchers.
- Cash Management
- Receive cash and check payments a deposits it within 24hrs;
- Ensure you issue receipts for all cash received each day;
- Ensure all payments are supported and properly coded to enable quick entry the in People Soft system;
- Ensure the petty cash box is kept in the safe overnight separately from the other cash.
- Maintain an adequate filing system for all accounting PAMODZI-related documentation.
- File all coding slips in sequential order. On a weekly basis, ensure that all sequential numbers have been accounted for and filed accordingly.
- Identify all missing transaction numbers and ensure they are found and filed, and inform the supervisor when they cannot be traced for further follow-up;
- Retrieving documents from the archive for audit and special requests and recording the transactions on the document movement register.
- – Other duties as requested by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree for BBA, Accounting and Finance
- Specific safety and security training in NGO context. Qualification as a trainer in safety and security.
2-3 years of experience in working the Finance Department for a Humanitarian Organization.
Soft skills, solving Problem skills, Interpersonal skills, and Effective Communication
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV in one PDF document to SOM.PuntlandRecruitment@care.org by referring to the job title “(Finance Assistant- Garowe Somalia)” as the subject line of the email, latest on Tuesday, 12th September 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about CARE and its programs, visit www.care.org
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. CARE is Zero Tolerant organization for child abuse and sexual exploitation and abuse.