About Gold Star Kenya
Gold Star Kenya is a National Non-Governmental Health Organization established in Kenya in 2010 under the Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Act (Cap 19) of 1990. It focuses on empowering communities for better health and drawing its expertise from being involved in various projects in Kenya and collaborating with diverse public and private sector partners. Gold Star Kenya aims at improving health outcomes of the communities as well as being positioned as an institution that stands for quality and results-driven interventions.
Through Public-Private Partnerships, Goldstar Kenya is driving the path in new approaches for health care providers to offer in sustainable ways, high-quality integrated HIV/TB prevention, care, treatment, and support services. Goldstar Kenya is also contributing to improving the management of priority health conditions including Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Maternal, and Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH), Nutrition services as well as malaria management, and addressing the growing burden of Diabetes and other non-communicable diseases.
We value our employees and we believe our organization offers a friendly working environment and a balanced work culture that inspires self-growth and professional excellence where individuals are inspired to live and driven by our core values:
- Community engagements
Where we work
Driven by our mission of Empowering communities to achieve better health our current team is spread across Kenya.
We are seeking to fill the position of a Finance Associate on a fixed contract of 6 months to be based in Nairobi.
The Finance Associate will help the Operations and Finance Lead ensure that all financial transaction documentation, as well as clerical and administrative duties for all Goldstar Kenya Programs, are complete and accurate and that payments are made on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive and review field payments in a timely manner. These include staff advances, participants and healthcare workers reimbursements, invoices for field-based activities, and staff liquidations while ensuring the integrity of all receipts, invoices, and vouchers.
- Data entry into the Financial System- Quick Books.
- Receive and review program and travel requests before payment.
- Prepare payment vouchers for review.
- Enter payments into the banking system for review, authorization, and later release.
- Assist the Finance officer with standard monthly reporting/budgets.
- Provide administrative support to the travel department and additional administrative support within Gold Star Kenya as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Early Career Professionals Recruitment Programme – Batch B (Monitoring and Evaluation) at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Early Career Professionals Recruitment Programme – Batch B (Administration) at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Early Career Professionals Recruitment Programme – Batch B (Programme Management) at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Team Leader – Analytics at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Division Manager – Knowledge Management, Outreach and Capacity Development at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Local Consultant – Environmental Review and Compliance Specialist at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Job Recruitment (8 Positions)
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Ability to independently review field activities documents for accuracy before reimbursement.
- Ability to follow up on program and travel advance requests and review liquidations in an efficient manner.
- Considerable knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures or the ability to comprehend them.
- Ability to organize and effectively process and maintain records and files.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office particularly Excel applications.
- Resourceful in gathering and giving program information.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES
- Experience in managing donor funds, program activities, field budgets, and reimbursements.
- Working knowledge of USAID operations, finance, and administrative services and practices.
- Good planning, communication, and organizational skills.
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with staff-related work environment needs.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and the public.
- Relevant university degree in commerce, finance, or accounting or CPA 2 section III with minimum 3 years of working experience in a similar environment with adequate exposure to project accounting, and financial management including budgeting.
- Understanding of financial records reconciliation.
- Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system.
- Must have a good command of Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Applications.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of Program Activities and Field Accounting Documents.
- Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- A good command of oral and written English language.
- Experience working with Non-governmental organizations will be an added advantage.
Please note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
- Job City Nairobi