PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
We seek to recruit a Finance Associate who will be responsible for day-to-day processing of transactions in compliance with PATH Kenya’s internal policies and ensure timely financial processing and reporting of activity costs, while maintaining high standards of stewardship and accountability.
The Finance Associate will be based in Nairobi.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage petty cash disbursements as assigned.
- Assist in Inventory and commodity tracking management.
- Perform monthly and ad hoc monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain updated records of all the office financial transactions.
- Reconcile all supplies statements to PATH’s records and update the Finance Officer of any discrepancies.
- Make copies/scans of all finance documents and file in sequence.
- Assist in tracking expenses and accuracy for services rendered on account and ensure they are within agreed limits.
- Work closely with program staff during trainings and meetings to make payments and check accuracy of details given.
- Check the accuracy of the receipts and vouchers presented to back-up expenses for completeness of the support documents.
- Check validity of expenses and receipts presented for payment with respect to reasonability, allowability and allocability basis.
- Prepare and ensure proper coding on all vouchers prepared by staff for validity and advise necessary adjustments to originator.
- Ensure that all invoices received from vendors are processed in an orderly manner and duly supported by proper documentation.
- Liaise with the Finance Officer to ensure that expenses recurring in nature are processed and paid in time e.g., telephone, internet, rent and security.
- Prepare tax exemption documents (DA1 forms), submit to donor and follow up with vendors for reimbursement when approved DA1 forms are received from donor.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Professional Accountancy training CPA or ACCA,
- A minimum of 3 years relevant progressive experience preferable in a busy NGO set up.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High numeracy, sound technical skills and analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in Ms. Office applications especially word and excel.
- Hands on experience in Business World will be an added advantage.
How to apply