Post Title: Finance Coordinator
Duty Station: Country Office, Nairobi
Reported to: Finance Manager
The main purpose of the job is to implement, coordinate and review the implementation and effectiveness of all financial strategies, processes, systems, Staff benefits, obligations to the concerned government offices, advance management, report preparation, preparation of e yearend financial statement related to Islamic Relief Kenya in line with procedures of Islamic Relief Worldwide and of donor requirement that aid in meeting its overall organizational objectives..
- System Management: Ensure the Accounting system is working properly, and administer user access administration and consolidate filed office financial data to the head office financial book accounting system timely. Give trainings on accounting system to Field office finance staffs and Close accounts at the end of the year and transfer ending balances as beginning balance of the New Year.
- Reporting: Prepare interim, quarterly and final donor reports timely. Prepare yearend financial Statement such as Balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement.
- Reporting: Prepare monthly funds report as per the requirements of the organization to enable the management make decisions.
- Staff Benefit: Manage the recording of organization staffs terminal benefit timely before the end of each year and close of projects in consultation with HR department and program department / project offices**.**
- Advance Management: Checking timely Settlement of working Advances and project advances, follow up the settlement of accounts receivables of staffs and check and sign on settlement financial documents.
- Documentation and coding: Checking the document and coding are correctly posted to the Accounting system in accordance with project class and customer job segregation. Ensure details Expenditures are equal to each class of donor expenditures in all project area office.
- Government Obligations-Follow up the monthly transfer of government obligations, salary income tax and withholding tax payables in country office and field office IS settled timely.
- Variance Analysis: Prepare and distribute monthly Budget VS Actual Report to budget Holders for variance analysis and grant meeting to take corrective actions. And to work with closely with budget holders for budget preparation, Variance analyses, budget mapping, budget amendment & reporting.
- Income and Expenditure: Reconcile closed grants expenditure & income to collect or refund remaining income from Donor or to donor and ensure and follow up no Expenditure is posted to the system after the grant is closed or before the project is started.
- Provident fund Management -Follow up the monthly transfer of staff Pension fund to Agency and make reconciliation of the individual subsidiary ledger with the General ledger.
- Cash Forecast: in collaboration with Program concerned staff, prepare monthly cash forecasts and cash requests from HQ and institutional donors for all projects as well as the organization General fund (PSB).
- Fixed Asset Management: Ensure the proper recording of fixed assets of the Organization in the accounting system and calculate and record Monthly depreciation expenses at the end of the Year according to the organization policy and follow up reconciliation with physical count.
- General and subsidiary Ledger reconciliations: Ensure the reconciliation of general ledger and subsidiary ledger of Debaters & Creditors.
- Timely Update of Transactions: Ensure and follow up all Area office transactions are updated and proper accounting records are maintained timely by Finance officers.
- Bank Reconciliations: Collecting bank statements & Advices from bank monthly & follow up Bank reconciliation is done and documented timely by finance officer.
- Audit: Follow up Donor Grant audits & Annual internal & external audit. Ensure audit financial documents of Islamic Relief Kenya are arranged sequential, leveled and stamped properly
- Accounting Data backups: To take back up of the Financial data regularly (daily) to avoid risk of data loss related to the Finance Department.
- Staff coordination and line management-Coordinate and support /line manage Field /Co project finance officers and cashiers.
- Communication: Communicate with institutional Donors/partners for reporting and cash transfers based on the expenditures timely.
- Gift in Kind :Check and follow up gift in-kind are properly recorded in the system and valued fair market price
- Maintaining Approved Budget: To maintain budget on the system for approved Grants.
- Committed costs: To ensure/follow up the committed/Accrued costs are properly recorded and expenditure is made accordingly
22**. Additional Tasks**: To do additional tasks given by the Finance Manager and of the Country Office Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields with at least 6 years relevant experience preferable in NGO environment, NGO environment
· Having Professional accountancy certification (ACCA) is an advantage
- Proven experience in financial management preferably in development organizations, NGO environment
- Proven experience in analyzing and interpreting financial data and information for decision making
- Experience in using one or more accounting ERP software package
- Knowledge of international donor reporting requirements is desirable
- Excellent IT skills, especially Excel and other MS Office applications
- Strategic thinker – proven ability to translate strategic plans into action
- Decisive with excellent judgment
- Good interpersonal, as well as verbal and written communication skills in English and Local language
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize self and others
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
· Sympathy with the aims and objectives of IRK
How to apply
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV, including your qualifications, experience, names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts. The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line. Send your application to
Closing Date: 24th January,2022