Conservation South Africa, (CSA) as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
Based in Johannesburg or Kruger to Canyons Biosphere (Hoedspruit/Acornhoek/Thulamashe), Conservation South Africa seeks to appoint a
FINANCE COORDINATOR /FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
The Finance Coordinator will report to the Junior Finance Manager. This is a 12-month contract position with renewal dependent on funding availability and performance. To support the Junior Finance Manager working out of the CSA offices, the incumbent will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- Required to become familiar with the financial systems and controls utilized by CSA.
- Play a supporting role in creation and approval of vendors, processing invoices, and matching payments in our finance software – Unit 4 Business World, ensure month end deadlines are met for the various offices.
- Ensure proper documentation exists and complies with CSA procurement requirements before disbursements are made
- Play a supporting role in payment of office expenses in our internet banking system in a timely manner and ensure that no expenditure goes ahead without prior knowledge and approval of office manager and that cost center approval levels are adhered to
- Required to scrutinize all paperwork relating to financial transactions for the various landscapes including office expenditure, travel claims, assets/equipment etc.
- Provide feedback and guidance to the relevant managers and the CSA Ops Director on any compliance issues arising from monthly reports
- A key function in this role provides feedback and guidance to the Junior Finance Manager and the Finance Director on any compliance issues arising.
- Process Journals prior to month end closure relating to: travel related activities, staff claims and advances, payrolls, bank account transactions, fleet cards, reconciliations, reallocations, etc.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for various landscapes and submit to Managers, Operations and Finance Directors
- Assist with budgets for various landscape as well as budget reporting
- Proper management of Debtor function, including issue of invoices/statements timeously, processing receipts in accounting system
- Review monthly general ledger transactions per landscape to ensure accurate capturing of financial information and report any discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly reconciliations of various Balance Sheet items.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Registers, manage processing and reconciling of assets on a monthly basis, and conduct asset verification process
- Attend weekly finance meetings, assist with setting up online meetings, taking meeting notes
- Accurate submission of monthly timesheet.
- Assist with internal, external and project audit queries
- Maintain finance files to ensure that they are audit ready.
- Be prepared to take on additional activities as they arise, due to the growing nature of projects.
The Finance Coordinator/Financial Accountant must meet the following criteria:
- Completed BCom degree or similar qualification, please submit proof thereof.
- Completed articles with a recognised South African accounting body, please submit proof thereof.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience post articles,
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in MS Office programmes with advanced Excel knowledge
- Ability and experience required to administer and execute financial processes and transactions.
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills, ability to be pro-active and use initiative
- Be assertive, deadline driven, able to handle pressure and dynamic to change.
- Meticulous, attention to detail and accurate
- Logical thinker
- A good team player
- Experience in working in a team based in different locations.
- Experience in the NGO sector, preferably in an international NGO
- Previous experience in working on complex finance systems would be an advantage
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Tuesday 24th May 2022 to email@example.com
- Job City Johannesburg