or more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been implementing an emergency program in Borno State since 2016, in response to the humanitarian crisis in north-eastern Nigeria, focusing on improving access to primary health care, treatments of under-nutrition and for gender-based violence survivors, and providing sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and mental health and psychological support services to beneficiaries. With the coordination office in Maiduguri Metropolitan City (MMC) plus 2 field offices in both Maiduguri City and Damboa Local Govt. Area and 1 liaison office in Abuja, the interventions cater for IDPs and host populations who seek services in fixed PHC clinics directly run by MdM across 3 different project sites (Garba Buzu, Kawarmaila and El Meskin). Also, MdM is supporting 2 State-run MoH health posts in 2 other locations of the state.
With a view of scaling up its interventions, MdM teams conducted a multi-sectoral assessment in November 2020 in north-western Nigeria in the aftermath of several populations displacements following violent clashes between local farmers and cattle herders amidst waves of bandit-related security incidents.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you will provide leadership and management necessary to ensure programmatic and operational goals of the country mission are met through appropriate financial infrastructure and systems.
Strategic financial planning, effective budget and financial management
- Support the general coordinator on strategic direction of the mission’s funding plan, operating budget and risks management
- Take initiatives to build or enhance sound financial management and streamline operational spendings for cost accounting purposes
- Prepare, revise and maintain operating budget and grant proposal budgets per assigned grant portfolio
- Update grant pipelines and monthly projections, propose and prepare budget revisions
- Identify and analyse any discrepancy and suggest solutions
- Monitor overall budget consumption according to donors’ constraints and update regularly the Budget Follow-Up (BFF) tool
Treasury and accountancy
- Be responsible for the cash provision and safe management across the different programs and bases
- Assess the needs for the coming months, compile fund requests from each department to monitor cash flow management and submit to HQ
- Ensure that payments are made in a timely and secure manner across all the country operations
- Be responsible for the soft accountancy of all sites for both accounting & donor allocations
- Be responsible for the update and implementation of the cash management protocols
- Coordinate the closure of monthly accountancy in coordination with HQ
- Be responsible for all bank transactions
Audit, compliance and reporting
- Be responsible for the production of financial budget (proposals and reports) to donors
- Ensures that copies or originals of all legal documents and contracts are sent to HQ
- Develop, revise and implement specific financial procedures and guidelines
- Prepare, organise and supervise audits at field level, with the support of HQ
- Ensure internal financial procedures, systems, policies and controls are applied and complied with by all MdM’s staff members
- Prepare financial reports and donor budgets (proposal, interim and final reports)
- Ensure all financial activities including payroll, income and other taxes are compliant with Nigerian laws
- Ensure proper archiving of all financial documents
- Be responsible of the HR sizing of the finance department
- Be responsible for and supervise the overall recruitment and training of the finance department staff
- Supervise the finance team in line with MdM Nigeria HR policies and procedures
- Support and advise the finance team and other departments to ensure full understanding of their responsibilities regarding finance management
- Train and build capacities of staff in the department
Coordination, partnership and capacity building
- Participate in the monthly grants review meeting, provide financial information to the coordination team in order to monitor projects budget spending plan
- Represent MdM with donors, by delegation of the general coordinator
- Liaise with INGO finance directors in-country and actively participate in interagency coordination meetings
- Provide strong oversight and support to MdM local partner and sub-grantee’s activities, including compliance with donor regulations and capacity building
- Ensure the proper e-archiving of partners financial reports and accountancy
- Provide strong oversight of MdM local partner activities, including compliance with donor regulations
- Provide capacity building to MdM local partner to ensure full understanding of the financial responsibilities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
Statut : Employee
Contrat : Fixed-term contract
Durée : 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Based in Maiduguri
Gross monthly salary: 2860 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related courses
Minimum 4 years professional experience in this field, preferably in an international NGO with multi-donor budgets
Experience in budget construction, analysis and monitoring
Knowledge in supply chain management is a plus
Demonstrated team management skills in a multicultural working environment
Training and capacity-building experience
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, cross group collaboration compliance, proactive and innovative approach
Strategic thinker with excellent good problem solving, decision making and follow -up skills
Excellent multi-tasking, organised, and hands-on experience with high achievement
Self-starter with drive and initiative and able to work as a team with positive attitude and open-minded
Considerate and deliberate in dealing with people with good negociation skills
Deadline oriented and excellent service mind
Ability to work in unstable and volatile environment as well as conduct regular field monitoring visits
Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAGA required
Languages : Fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory
Knowledge in French is a asset.
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
AUCUNE CANDIDATURE NE SERA TRAITÉE PAR TÉLÉPHONE
Médecins du Monde se réserve le droit de clôturer le recrutement avant la date limite de dépôt des candidatures.
MdM s’engage pour l’insertion des personnes en situation de handicap et lutte contre toutes les discriminations.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JuKMFlOx?idpartenaire=128