Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 30 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Position: Finance Intern
The purpose of this learning position is to provide financial support to project activities in Puntland while adhering to Adeso policies and procedures. Based in Garowe, the Finance Intern will be a full-time member of the Adeso team and will play a crucial role in assisting in addressing the status of internal controls and all compliance aspects in Adeso.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the Finance team and in close co-operation with the Operations Department to minimize financial risk for Adeso Finance.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capturing financial data into the financial system by following the relevant Adeso and donor regulations.
- Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents for payment processing.
- Maintaining payable schedules and records of all invoices received from vendors and service providers.
- Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors, suppliers and service providers.
- Maintaining an updated filing system and ensuring posting of all transactions.
- Maintain a monthly creditor aged analysis.
- Follow the advance issued to the staff on a regular basis.
- Maintaining proper and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet items with all necessary supporting documentation (invoice/vendor statements, bank statement and staff travel and other advances).
- Support in audits
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of the Finance Department and the Organization.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A University degree/diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as MS Office and or Accounting Software Packages
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations requirements.
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Demonstrated ability to work a team setting.
- Initiative and independent judgement is required by the incumbent in determining what needs to be done and the best working methods.
- The incumbent should be versatile and flexible so as to quickly adapt to changing situations
- Flexible and willing to perform tasks outside of core duties
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting “Finance Intern” in the email subject matter, by 4th September , 2022.
Each application should be addressed to the Human Resources Department and include the following:
• An updated CV; and
• An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Community Liaison Manager, Nigeria at Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
- Property Officer at Church World Service – CWS RSC Africa (Re-advert)
- Cultural Orientation Trainer (N) at Church World Service – CWS RSC Africa (Re-advert)
- TZ – Caseworker (N) at Church World Service – CWS RSC Africa (Re-advert)
- Programme / Monitoring Associate at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – 2 Openings