EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Program(s) / Department(s): MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics and Programs
Reports To: Country Representative and technically to the Global Project’s Finance Director
- The Finance Manager is responsible for managing cash flow, chart of accounts, financial reporting to the EngenderHealth Washington office; outreach and technical assistance to the project’s implementing consortium partners in Nigeria; financial reporting and due diligence oversight of project grants to local partners; and ensuring compliance with EngenderHealth and donor rules and regulations in all spending.
- The Finance Manager will work closely with the global project’s Finance Director and will be responsible for financial operational oversight through use of QuickBooks for reporting, tracking, and managing project finances on a daily basis.
- The Finance Manager will also be responsible for other functions such as: Examining all financial documents for payment are checked for completeness, accuracy and validity of financial data, including accounting classification and computations;
- Preparing checks, payments and bank deposits; preparing payroll voucher to record the payroll disbursement and reporting and paying all payroll and taxes;
- Assisting in the coordination of travel for program staff, international technical staff and/or consultants and in preparing and processing expense reports (flight arrangements, hotel reservations and logistics, such as per diem, visas and donor approval, if applicable);
- Examining all financial documents for payment are checked for completeness, accuracy and validity of financial data, including accounting classification and computations; recording financial transactions into QuickBooks and preparing monthly field reports;
- Monitoring the bank account transactions, reviewing and reconcile the bank account on a monthly basis and managing and performing other duties as assigned by the Country Project Manager/Representative and global MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics Finance Director.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or other equivalent Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field
- At least 3 years progressively experience as a Finance Manager.
- Working experience with USAID-funded programs, including demonstrated knowledge of USG rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Computer literacy, including proven experience with computerized accounting packages, word processing and spreadsheets in QuickBooks, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be of demonstrated honesty and integrity specific to financial and project management, and able to conduct business with the Nigerians and international community regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, race, preference, or affiliation in a professional manner.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills Be respectful.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
Preferred Skills, Abilities, and Functions:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with sub-grants management a plus.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Employees can be asked to do other comparable duties as assigned.
USD35,000 – USD40,000 Annually.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
- EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth. This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities.