The Finance Manager will be respinsible to manage the national finance, administration and human resources staff while overseeing sub-offices’ administration, human resources functions and effective control of all financial matters ensuring reporting and compliance with donors and Islamic Relief financial guidelines.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, MBA will be an added advantage
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CCAB)
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Dynamics AX an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
- Ability to manage and supervise finance and non-finance staff in multiple and remote locations.
- Previous experience working overseas, preferably with an NGO
- Ability to work independently and provide initiative in improving finance/Administration functions.
How to apply
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please visit https://islamic-relief.org/current-opportunities/ and apply by completing our online application form.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 1st week of June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Director of Program Portfolio Management at Center for Reproductive Rights
- M&E Specialist (Malaria) at Idmibok International
- Administrateur/-trice de Programme at Malteser International
- Coordinateur(trice) Programme – Cameroun at INTERSOS
- Cluster Co-Coordinator (Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM)) at International Organization for Migration