The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Monrovia, Liberia.
As Finance Manager for a Multicountry Programme funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), you will be responsible for the overall financial coordination of the programme, including liquidity management, fund requests, spending deadlines, expenditure planning and preparation of financial reports. You will monitor overall programme expenditures and assist country teams with budget reallocations and other questions/problems. The programme will be implemented in 11 countries (Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Myanmar, Niger, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan and Tajikistan) and aims to strengthen the resilience of vulnerable communities in targeted countries against the negative impacts of rising food prices, particularly in relation to food and nutrition security and livelihoods, and to help improve gender equality.
- Support the country teams in ensuring proper financial management of the programme, in compliance with Welthungerhilfe processes and standards and the donor regulations
- Control and support budget planning and adjustments
- Control and monitor the programmes’ liquidity and expenditure planning as well as requests for funds (internal and external)
- Control and validate internal and external financial reports and ensure reporting occurs in due time
- Follow-up of the cashflow and spending deadlines of the overall programme
- Focal point for all financial issues related to the programme
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field e.g. finance and/or accounting
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the same or an equivalent position
- Donor experience with the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) would be an advantage
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, especially in financial management
- Strong communication skills and intercultural competencies and ability to work in a multinational team
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our Benefits”
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
- Job City Monrovia