Are you an experienced and qualified Finance Manager? Tearfund South Sudan has an exciting opportunity for a professional and qualified Accountant as part of our Senior Management Team.
As Finance Manager (FM) you hold a crucial position within our South Sudan programme and you will be responsible for maintaining a system of financial record-keeping with timely, accurate and meaningful financial management information to enable the South Sudan team to monitor and manage the programme. In accordance with Tearfund policies and guidelines you will maintain and ensure a system of sound internal and partner controls in order to safeguard Tearfund assets, mitigate against the risk of financial loss and fraud and satisfy donor and statutory audit requirements.
Essential Qualifications required for the job
- Degree and/or equivalent qualifications in a business administration, financial management, or related discipline
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent)
Do you have proven experience of:
- financial management
- planning and budgeting
- institutional donor financial reporting
- Managing people and capacity building of staff
- Developing financial systems for organisations
- Working with accounting software and online systems
- overseeing organisational financial compliance
- supporting internal and external auditsAre you:
- Able to accommodate changing priorities and to remain calm under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate skills in working cross culturally
- Able to communicate excellently complex financial data to non-finance staff
- An excellent leader with strong management and organising skills
If the above describes you then please have a look at the Job Description attached and do apply!
The position is based in Juba, South Sudan with frequent travel to our various field bases in South Sudan.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
- Job City Juba